GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:angryfire:

Purchased 2008 GMC Acadia in Jan of 08 and traded away in Jun of 08. After nine visits to the dealership to address the infamous Check Engine Light in regards to the Cam Shafts, replaced fuel cap - reprogrammed engine computer - replaced engine heads - and finally total engine replacement, it appeared we finally fixed the check engine light problem. Not to mention the awesome mileage of barely 14MPG down to 10-11 MPG after the engine change. Transmission constantly shifts, unable to maintain speed. The is the finest piece of crap that GM has produced since the Vega. I was stupid enough to buy a $45K car and was happy to dump it for $30K six months later. :banghead: I have long been a bow-tie man but never again. Buick and Saturn have the same problems with their like models. BUYER BEWARE - Do Not Be Attracted By The Sharp Looks. I have spent the last of my hard earned money on GM products and I hope you take great caution before you waste your money and trust with GM! I only wish that this had been an isolated problem, but just look at the forums all across the internet about this product.:eek:hno:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Really sorry to hear about your Problems.
What i don't understand, btw, that you wish your problems had been isolated ones..do you mean to say that it will be okay if the vehicle you have is the only one that have problems? :-\

·
Registered
381 Posts
Call me a sucker...I would have bought your "junk" for the $30K...

But almost all car purchases are subjective vs objective based. Hopefully another manufacturer can meet your subjective needs.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm sure he had some issues.. but they might be slightly exaggerated a bit. ::) But who knows???

I'm sure he's not just on here trying to "get back" at GM for his issues or anything.

The Acadia is such a POS.. I don't know how thousands of people could be wrong??? This car must be a real POS :binky:.. even though we love ours :blob: and haven't had a single issue.. I'm sure gonna think about ditching it ASAP ??? NOT!!! :angel: :cheers: :angel:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news. We sure like ours, but its only 1k miles into use. I felt a little uneasy spending that kind of money on a GMC, but it was the only thing outside a butt ugly minivan that had that kind of room. All said and done I would do it again and I'm glad its made in the USA! :cheers:

·
Registered
275 Posts
This post needs a shot of...

Apply liberally.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yep, only one post to show for it too. Ours has been excellent other than a couple very minor things that all new car buyers have. It gets 22-24 mpg on the highway, pulls the boat great, is quiet, shifts fine...we love it. Certainly a FAR CRY from "BUYER BEWARE". Gimme a break.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I didn't think it would cost anything with the lemon law?
How does the lemon law work?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Mine has 26,000 miles on it and it is a little over a year old. It has been in the shop twice for problems that were solved quickly. I have said it before, but my Volvo, by this time had spent over a month in the shop. It averaged a little over a month a year. I love the Acadia and have no reservations telling people about it when they ask.

My neighborhood has about 10,000 people in it and there are 6 Acadias, 3 Enclaves and 3 Outlooks. I cannot leave my house without seeing one. (I actually wonder if the silver one works for the FBI, he always seem to be going where I am!)

·
Registered
956 Posts
I wonder about his post. If it's true that is too bad and I would be mad also, but he has only been here once with all his claimed problems. He may be a troll as stated above.

We now have close to 20,000 miles on ours and we have had no mechanical problems, leaks or electrical glitches. It has been very good so far. It's a lot of car for the money if you watch the options when you buy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Apparently, some of you have had good luck with your new Acadia and that is great. That doesn't mean that the people complaining about problems with their Acadias are lying or exaggerating. I bought a 2008 Acadia ($44,000-that's a lot of money for me) in January 2008. At 1900 miles, the engine blew up (that's right, 1900 miles). Took a month to get an engine replacement. At 3500 miles the front struts wore out (loud rattling sound in the right front). Took a week in the shop for the dealer to replace them. The temperature sensor (for monitoring the outside temp) is located above the radiator and today, even though it is 83 degrees outside, the temperature monitor says it is 113 degrees outside and tries to adjust my Auto Climate Control accordingly. GMC has known that was a problem since September 2007 but they still don't have a fix for it. Maybe these are minor complaints to some of you, but I expect more from a $44,000 vehicle. It has been in the shop for about a month and a half in the six months I have owned it. I'm glad your Acadia is doing great but that doesn't mean the rest of us are jerks for expecting better of our new vehicles.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Darryl said:
Apparently, some of you have had good luck with your new Acadia and that is great. That doesn't mean that the people complaining about problems with their Acadias are lying or exaggerating. I bought a 2008 Acadia ($44,000-that's a lot of money for me) in January 2008. At 1900 miles, the engine blew up (that's right, 1900 miles). Took a month to get an engine replacement. At 3500 miles the front struts wore out (loud rattling sound in the right front). Took a week in the shop for the dealer to replace them. The temperature sensor (for monitoring the outside temp) is located above the radiator and today, even though it is 83 degrees outside, the temperature monitor says it is 113 degrees outside and tries to adjust my Auto Climate Control accordingly. GMC has known that was a problem since September 2007 but they still don't have a fix for it. Maybe these are minor complaints to some of you, but I expect more from a $44,000 vehicle. It has been in the shop for about a month and a half in the six months I have owned it. I'm glad your Acadia is doing great but that doesn't mean the rest of us are jerks for expecting better of our new vehicles.
I'm sorry that you have had so many problems. It is no fun spending that kind of money and getting a lemon, but you have to understand that the vast majority of Acadia owners have had little or no problems and this is especially true of the later 08's. Most owners who have problems come here and those who don't generally don't post much so it ends up looking like the Lambda's are far worse than they really are.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I haven't posted much lately, but I'll throw my 2 cents in on this. I agree w/ BBC. Think of how many thousands of Lambda owners there are - who likely know nothing of this forum. And although there must be some percentage of non-forum owners who have had problems and may be equally frustrated as some on this forum report, I would bet that most (you fill in the %?) are happy with their purchases. The initial post of this thread sure seems a canditate for BOGUS - but who knows for sure? That's exactly what the lemon law was created for. And, as evidenced by other legit posts on this forum, vehicles have both been bought-back & exchanged for lessor or equivalent woes!

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm sorry that the one or two of you that come onto this forum, post once or twice, and have nothing to say other than "My Acadia sucks and is falling apart", think I'm being unkind. If the original poster or Darryl had more than say, 1 or 2 posts, then I would break out the 'ole elbow grease and lend a hand. But signing up an account just to come in here and tell us all about your alleged horror stories?

"My first post, and the Acadia sucks! I have all the problems that everyone has here combined, and I'm never buying GM again and you're all morons for thinking you have nice vehicles"; Definition of a troll, right there.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I'm one of the many 1000's that has a perfect Acadia with 18,046.9 One transmission update and couldn't be happier. We thought our 98 Grand Prix was the best........far from it. Nothing like our Acadia! Jump up for joy. :blob:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am just curious as to what you *did* to blow the engine at 1900 miles? I just hit 1,000 miles on mine and no problems what so ever. I will say for the first SUV it rocks!! What are your driving habits like? Get in and nail the pedal to the floor? Downship the taptronic from 6 -> 1st at 20 miles per hour?

Just curious....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked ours up June 7th so I suppose it is too early to start complaining. It is the wife's vehicle, traded a 05 Tahoe and she couldn't be happier. When the wife is happy I'm happy, so I am happy. She has had an 02 Trailblazer, 05 Equinox and an 05 Tahoe. This is by far the best of the bunch. It seems to me these guys know how to build quality.

·
Registered
497 Posts
We have to agree with those THOUSANDS that are pleased with their Acadia. Over 26K miles on ours with 15 months of ownership. The only real "problem" we've had with ours is the A pillar leak. That was fixed promptly and correctly. To us, this in one fine vehicle. No regrets, would buy another one.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts