GMC Acadia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
SDCal09Acadia said:
After A LOT of research, this is a common problem and I can't figure out why it wouldn't be covered as part of recall 13135. Additionally, the Certified Pre-Owned warranty only expired 2 months ago. With all the trips to the dealer for the problems we have had in the past 14 months along with the recalls, you'd think they would be more helpful.

My other car is a 2002 Nissan Maxima that I purchased new and it has never had a problem. We were planning on trading it in for an American made car, another GMC but now I'm not so sure.

$1315 is a lot of money especially since it is obviously a manufacturing/design defect.
What now?
The 13135 recall procedure is only to install a reinforcement plate to the rear of the DRL reflector to hold the bulb in. In most cases the reflector is already cracked and partially melted. This is only a band-aid fix. GM is not going to eat the cost of replacing the entire headlamp assembly, as you found out. It is crappy as this is a design defect. The 3157 bulbs run too hot when they are on constantly as in the case of our DRLs. Mine became such a headache I ended up pulling the DRL fuse and just use the regular headlamps when driving on 2-lane highways.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello All, Has anyone had transfer case, rear main seal and hub bearing replaced within one month? GM DOES NOT stand by their customers and it's quite sickening that after spending 50 k on a brand new truck, they tell me vehicle is operating in the matter for which it is intended.All of this after I wrote praise om this forum about how great the truck is and gm asked for permission to print it in their GMC magazine.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Meupsman said:
Hello All, Has anyone had transfer case, rear main seal and hub bearing replaced within one month? GM DOES NOT stand by their customers and it's quite sickening that after spending 50 k on a brand new truck, they tell me vehicle is operating in the matter for which it is intended.All of this after I wrote praise om this forum about how great the truck is and gm asked for permission to print it in their GMC magazine.
Hey Meupsman,

I’m very sorry to hear that you’re Acadia has been experiencing multiple issues in the past month. Have you been in contact with GM Customer Care regarding your concerns?

I would be happy to contact your dealer to gather all additional information in order to explore all of our options. If this is something you would like to pursue, please private message me your VIN, mileage, contact info and involved dealerships’ info.

Hope to hear from you,

Claudia
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Acadia problems and fixes board---- Stabiltrack

I purchased a 2007 like Acadia last month. This is my first GMC and will be my last!!! Last monday, I was driving the car and it started sputtering, warning lights came on that said "service stabiltrack", "engine power is reduced", and "traction control off". I shut the car off for about 5 minutes and it started working fine. The next morning it was raining while I was driving to work, I kept smelling something burning, and when I parked smoke poured out of the grill. Took it to the dealer and was told there was nothing wrong and that rain had just hit the grill and caused it to smoke. It hasn't smoked since, but it has sputtered and showed the 3 warning lights above about 30 times since last week. I'm a home health nurse and I drive for a living. For the past week I have spent more time on the side of the road than I have with my patients. At the dealership again now.......passed off!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
yes- there are the condenser/radiator and a catalytic converter up front.

Water hits that- and you get steam,

here is my Traverse- I had washed the vehicle the previous afternoon.
and when I remote started and walked out--- caught this pic below.

Other folks will see this when theyre driving- and rain hits--
they may come to a stop light for example-- and see the steam rising up---
they thing its a fire...

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
misty.dick said:
I purchased a 2007 like Acadia last month. This is my first GMC and will be my last!!! Last monday, I was driving the car and it started sputtering, warning lights came on that said "service stabiltrack", "engine power is reduced", and "traction control off". I shut the car off for about 5 minutes and it started working fine. The next morning it was raining while I was driving to work, I kept smelling something burning, and when I parked smoke poured out of the grill. Took it to the dealer and was told there was nothing wrong and that rain had just hit the grill and caused it to smoke. It hasn't smoked since, but it has sputtered and showed the 3 warning lights above about 30 times since last week. I'm a home health nurse and I drive for a living. For the past week I have spent more time on the side of the road than I have with my patients. At the dealership again now.......passed off!!!!!!
Sorry for your frustration, misty.dick! Please let us know the outcome of your service visit. If there's anything we can do to help with this situation please send us your VIN, contact information and dealership name. We're available via private message if interested.

Amber N.
GMC Customer Care

·
Registered
126 Posts
Klu2010slt2 said:
Does anyone know anything about driver side heated seat only working for a very brief time before turning itself off???
Yes, actually, I have had that happen, and it was repaired under my extended warranty. The dealer had to replace the heating element in the seat, so they had to order parts to fix it. He said it was pretty rare, but obviously it does happen. I can't tell you how much the repair will run you, but by the sound of what was involved, it's probably at least a 2 hour job.

Hope that helps somewhat, and good luck!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Klu2010slt2 said:
Does anyone know anything about driver side heated seat only working for a very brief time before turning itself off???
What year vehicle?

Define brief?

And is it only the drivers side because you are the only one in the vehicle?
Or do you have a passenger and their seat stays on and works fine - so just the drivers seat is giving you a problem?

Did you check to see if a plug could be loose and therefore turning the unit off after a slight bump in the road etc.?

·
Registered
500 Posts
An FYI for anyone out there with a heated seat issue.

Our 2011 Acadia SLT2's driver side seat heater would only work for about two minutes and go off. Turn it back on and in two minutes it was back off. It would not stay on. Took it to the dealer and the seat heating element was bad. Well three hours later and $190 for the seat heater and $192 labor and we have a nice warm bum heater again. What stinks is the extended warranty that we purchased with the vehicle didn't cover the heating element. Just our luck.

So far this issue and the brake light switch are the only issues we have had. Purchased the Acadia Aug of 2011 and it currently has 56k miles on it. Only disappointment is our 08 was getting 22mpg and this one is only getting 19mpg. Go figure.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Rat407 said:
An FYI for anyone out there with a heated seat issue.

Our 2011 Acadia SLT2's driver side seat heater would only work for about two minutes and go off. Turn it back on and in two minutes it was back off. It would not stay on. Took it to the dealer and the seat heating element was bad. Well three hours later and $190 for the seat heater and $192 labor and we have a nice warm bum heater again. What stinks is the extended warranty that we purchased with the vehicle didn't cover the heating element. Just our luck.

So far this issue and the brake light switch are the only issues we have had. Purchased the Acadia Aug of 2011 and it currently has 56k miles on it. Only disappointment is our 08 was getting 22mpg and this one is only getting 19mpg. Go figure.
That's interesting the your warranty wouldn't cover it. Did you get a GMPP or third party plan? GMPP covered mine.

BTW, seat heater has been working fine since for about 8 months now. (knock on wood...)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Kenbass4 said:
That's interesting the your warranty wouldn't cover it. Did you get a GMPP or third party plan? GMPP covered mine.

BTW, seat heater has been working fine since for about 8 months now. (knock on wood...)
Not 100% sure, I'll have to look it up. I purchased it the same time at the dealership when we bought the Acadia.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently had the transmission serviced. But when the y took it down from the rack both front struts stopped working. What would have caused this and is there a way to un-stick the struts?

·
Premium Member
15,751 Posts
This happens because they lift the vehicle at the frame and that allows the struts to extend to full travel. The weight of the vehicle should "unstick" them. If not; take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
AC goes out every 6 months. It is costing me thousands of dollars to take it in for those low classed trashy mouth breather mechanics to try to fix it. Once they told me it was fixed and I left the dealership and it was out within 100 yard. They argued with me when I immediately called them. I took it back and they worked on it another hour and a half. Then it went out again in 6 months. NEVER AGAIN!!! No American made cars for me. Only Japanese cars from now on. AC goes out every 6 months. 4th time out now

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just paid 2900.00 on my 2012 GMC Acadia air conditioning. I had to have the ac hoses removed because the power steering rub a hole in the ac hoses. I then had to have the compressor replace. This 2012 GMC Acadia is junk. Only has 40,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2012 Acadia Denali. I had it 15 hours when I came to a stop sign and it started running rough and shut off. It restarted but continued this problem at low idle and check engine light came on. It was sent to the dealer and they didn't know what was wrong but finally replaced the map sensor after having it 8 days. On the way home from picking it up it did the same thing. Dealer says he doesn't know what is wrong with it. Can anyone help me, I love this car. I'd love to hear solutions otherwise I have no choice but to take it back for another car.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts
About this Discussion
81 Replies
44 Participants
GMCMN
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing