GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site. I found it while researching the Acadia. I purchased my Acadia last night so I do not have a build date yet :( . All I know right now is it is 6 to 8 weeks. The dealer had one allocation and we got it so they said we shoudl have our build date by the end of next week. We purchased our Acadia from our local GM dealer who we have gone to for the last 20 years.

I purchased the base model, SLE FWD with the Remote Start, Rear Parking Assist and Power Seats. It is the Summit White with Titanium interior and second row is bucket seats.

I was wondering if anyone here used to have a minivan - I currently have a 2001 Pontiac Montana Minivan - and could tell me how the Acadia ride differs. When I test drove the Acadia (of course it was an STL 1 AWD) but I loved it so much better. I have a bad back and the seat seems to be good. I also like all the room inside the vehicle. I'm really excited about getting the Acadia as it is sharp looking and there aren't that many out there right now.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I can't comment on how it compares to the Montana, but I can say the ride is very good. It is smooth, well controlled and quiet. There is a lot of room, and a lot of thoughtful touches. The seats are firm and comfortable. I have owned some premium foriegn and american cars and the Acadia is as comfortable as any I've owned.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
big bear craig said:
Welcome to the forum. I can't comment on how it compares to the Montana, but I can say the ride is very good. It is smooth, well controlled and quiet. There is a lot of room, and a lot of thoughtful touches. The seats are firm and comfortable. I have owned some premium foriegn and american cars and the Acadia is as comfortable as any I've owned.

Thank you. I have seen many posts about how well the vehicle performs and that makes me feel good about my decision to purchase the Acadia.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I came out of a 01 Montana into a summit white sle, towing pac, power seats and heated mirrors and sat radio acadia.
As posted, acadia with out handle the montana hands down. I do believe the little 165 hp montana was lighter and pretty pepy. it didn't have the tranny shifting issues that the 07 acadia has The acadia SEEMS alot wider than the van but u get use to it . I love the seating position, ride and room in the acadia. It is not a race vehicle....but the 275 hp will move the 5k lbs pretty decent when your in the correct gear to put u in the power band.

acadia looks 15 times better imo.

Fix the 07 trannys !!!!!!!!!!! :sosad:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shot_1 said:
I came out of a 01 Montana into a summit white sle, towing pac, power seats and heated mirrors and sat radio acadia.
As posted, acadia with out handle the montana hands down. I do believe the little 165 hp montana was lighter and pretty pepy. it didn't have the tranny shifting issues that the 07 acadia has The acadia SEEMS alot wider than the van but u get use to it . I love the seating position, ride and room in the acadia. It is not a race vehicle....but the 275 hp will move the 5k lbs pretty decent when your in the correct gear to put u in the power band.

acadia looks 15 times better imo.

Fix the 07 trannys !!!!!!!!!!! :sosad:
I've seen the posts about the 07 trannys. I wonder if they fixed that for the 08's. I hope so.

Thank you.

·
Registered
262 Posts
they did indeed fix it for the 08's and the results reported thus far are very favorable...

by the way, do you know what year the Acadia was that you test drove? If it was an 08 with an August build date, then chances are you have already "tested out" the new tranny update...

·
Registered
956 Posts
If your Acadia was manufactured in August of 08 then it will have the new programming. If it is an 08 but was manufactured before August the reflash is available now. The reflash for the 07's is not out yet.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Our Acadia replaced a Dodge Grand Caravan and I would say that the Acadia incorporates a lot of the best things about a minivan:

- Smooth ride and good handling for large vehicle
- efficient use of space
- lower step-in height than conventional SUVs, yet driving position gives a commanding view of the road
- comfortable 3rd row

Then add the drop-dead gorgeous looks that you won't find in a minivan. I will admit that I somewhat miss the convenience of sliding doors - but not much.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Our 2008 Acadia replaced a 2005 Pontiac Montana. I HATED the van!!!!! I was stuck driving it for the last 3 months before getting the Acadia since I put less miles on the car and we were over miles on the smartbuy. The Acadia out performs the Montana in EVERY way!!! We got the captain's chairs as the van had for the second row and I do like that. The ride does not even compare. Be warned that it rides so smooth that it is hard to tell how fast you are going.

You will NOT be disappointed!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bolina said:
Our 2008 Acadia replaced a 2005 Pontiac Montana. I HATED the van!!!!! I was stuck driving it for the last 3 months before getting the Acadia since I put less miles on the car and we were over miles on the smartbuy. The Acadia out performs the Montana in EVERY way!!! We got the captain's chairs as the van had for the second row and I do like that. The ride does not even compare. Be warned that it rides so smooth that it is hard to tell how fast you are going.

You will NOT be disappointed!
You made me laugh at "Be warned that it rides so smooth that it is hard to tell how fast you are going.". I'll have to remember that - wouldn't want to get a speeding ticket! LOL

·
Registered
389 Posts
You made me laugh at "Be warned that it rides so smooth that it is hard to tell how fast you are going.". I'll have to remember that - wouldn't want to get a speeding ticket!
That's what HUD is for! I know I will need it!

·
Registered
262 Posts
That's what makes it so funny.....Bolina posted a while back about getting pulled over in her new Acadia for just that reason... ;D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts