GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my first look at an Acadia was on the Garden State Parkway, about 7 weeks ago. I saw it from a distance, stepped on the gas, and cozied up behind it. Love at first sight! The body lines, the dual exhaust. And then I saw the badge. Geez, it was a Saturn Outlook! Saturn? A ballsy crossover? Priced it out on their website. No offense, but $32-33k plus for a Saturn??? Then I did some more internet sleuthing, found out about the Lambda platform, and the Acadia. Always had respect for the GMC "Professional Grade" marketing thing. The next day I drove to a local dealer near my office and he had one parked front and center at the main entrance. Holy crap! This thing is a brute with very sweet lines! Loved the interior layout! To my dismay, the dealer had not one brochure for me to take home (and drool over). Didn't have time for a test drive (lunch hour). However, that same evening I stopped at a GMC dealer near my house, and there it was ... front and center on the showroom floor. :eek: in white, loaded to the hills. I was stunned ... and knew at that moment that I had to have one. A little sidenote: I haven't purchased an American vehicle since the 80's, when my used Camaro SS gave way to a brand new Toyota Corolla during the gas crisis. Since then it's been a steady stream of Toyota's, Mazda's, MB's and Beemer's. So I started shopping around, at limited supply, with most dealers offering MSRP only with the $1k rebate. My local dealer became my hero .... $2300 off MSRP plus the $1k rebate. In a few days he had one come in on a swap that was exactly what I wanted (silver/SLT1/sunroofs/power liftgate/Bose 6CD/rear sensors/XM/remote start/captain's 2nd row) at $38400 less $3300 for a net of just over $35. The Saturn Outlook is a pretty impressive option in this class ... but I'm real happy to be with GMC for this ONE!

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Re: Acadia ... or Outlook? A Love Story unfolds ...

NNJSteve said:
Well, my first look at an Acadia was on the Garden State Parkway, about 7 weeks ago. I saw it from a distance, stepped on the gas, and cozied up behind it. Love at first sight! The body lines, the dual exhaust. And then I saw the badge. Geez, it was a Saturn Outlook! Saturn? A ballsy crossover? Priced it out on their website. No offense, but $32-33k PLUS for a SATURN??? Then I did some more internet sleuthing, found out about the Lambda platform, and the Acadia. Always had respect for the GMC "Professional Grade" marketing thing. The next day I drove to a local dealer near my office and he had one parked front and center at the main entrance. Holy crap! This thing is a brute with very sweet lines! Loved the interior layout! To my dismay, the dealer had not one brochure for me to take home (and drool over). Didn't have time for a test drive (lunch hour). However, that same evening I stopped at a GMC dealer near my house, and there it was ... front and center on the showroom floor. :eek: in white, loaded to the hills. I was stunned ... and knew at that moment that I had to have one. A little sidenote: I haven't purchased an American vehicle since the 80's, when my used Camaro SS gave way to a brand new Toyota Corolla during the gas crisis. Since then it's been a steady stream of Toyota's, Mazda's, MB's and Beemer's. So I started shopping around, at limited supply, with most dealers offering MSRP only with the $1k rebate. My local dealer became my hero .... $2300 off MSRP plus the $1k rebate. In a few days he had one come in on a swap that was exactly what I wanted (silver/SLT1/sunroofs/power liftgate/Bose 6CD/rear sensors/XM/remote start/captain's 2nd row) at $38400 less $3300 for a net of just over $35. Real GMC ... no Saturn pretender for this guy!
I love a happy ending.

:worthless:

·
Registered
403 Posts

The Saturn dealer, across from the GMC dealer (same company of dealerships) has multiple Outlook's in the lot for sale. GMC dealer can't keep them on the lot, in fact, they pulled one inside because all those on the lot were being sold and they had nothing to show anyone! GMC all the way! :cheers:

·
Registered
125 Posts

Hey, be nice.... we're all cousins! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts

Is that her in your Avatar? Because I'm not sure I could hold that against you... ;)

·
Registered
218 Posts

You could be like my family and get both the Acadia and an Outlook, then whatever one you feel like at the time your good to go.

·
Registered
259 Posts

:'( Sniff, what a beautiful story. Someone pass a kleenex. ;) It was love at first site for me, too. When you know, you just know...and all of those other love cliches.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts

I almost feel offended... I owned two Saturn Vues and I loved them! The only reason I didn't pick the Saturn Outlook over the Acadia is because I hate the front end and taillights of the Outlook and I also didn't want another vehicle with faux woodgrain interior.

I'm not really offended. ;D Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
58 Posts

NNJSteve, do you mind sharing the dealer info, I am in the tri state area as well and may query him.

Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

coopermine said:
NNJSteve, do you mind sharing the dealer info, I am in the tri state area as well and may query him.

Thanks
Very happy to oblige, and please accept my apologies to you Saturn owners on this site. IMO, spending $30k plus to BUY a depreciating asset on 4 wheels is a VERY big deal ... and I feel GMC has more respect with this type of vehicle than Saturn does if I'm gonna be in that neighborhood. The dealership that took care of me is DeMassi, located in Pompton Plains, NJ. If you're ready to do something, let me know and I'll steer you to the right people!

·
Registered
58 Posts

Thanks, I will be going for my first test drive tomorrow here on Long Island. I will be ready in next 2-3 weeks, hopfefully they will have an Enclave on the floor.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

MrBiz said:
Hey, be nice.... we're all cousins! :thumb:
My apologies to you Saturn owners out there ... the Outlook is a very impressive machine and it looks like this 'new' crossover market starts the bidding at $30,000 .... wow! :banghead:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Boooo, you made your posting "PC" instead of your true thoughts. :sosad: I liked the original better because it was more real.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts

coopermine said:

Thanks
If you want a deal on LI I know I offered befor ebut I will do it again.

Let me know.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GAgirl said:
Boooo, you made your posting "PC" instead of your true thoughts. :sosad: I liked the original better because it was more real.
Yes, I did feel the need to be more PC on this site. Sorry. I did take another hard look at the Saturn and it is impressive - just not enough (for me) to spend $30k plus on one! That's about as true as it gets! Thanks for voicing your take on it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts