GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
New here, HELLO......Anyone ever ran 22" wheels on there Acadia 2019 Body Style? I like my Denali 20" wheels, but I want to go to a little larger tire and i think with 22" it would look better. Similar to this pic.

AsantiABL15ChromeAcadia.jpg

·
Super Moderator
21,778 Posts
The 22-inch wheels should be OK as long as you pick the correct tire width and aspect ratio so the speedometer reading isn't off. The tire's circumference should be as near as possible to the one on the 20-inch wheel.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
The 22-inch wheels should be OK as long as you pick the correct tire width and aspect ratio so the speedometer reading isn't off. The tire's circumference should be as near as possible to the one on the 20-inch wheel.
Agree they will be OK, but sacrificing decreased ride quality for some perceived cosmetic improvement makes little sense to me.

Not to mention the extra strain put on the braking and suspension systems due to the heavier rolling mass of the larger wheels.

Might as well go with 26" wheels and muck it up real good.

·
Super Moderator
21,778 Posts
LOL Looks like a Hot Wheels car.
... sacrificing decreased ride quality for some perceived cosmetic improvement makes little sense to me.
+1 It never made sense to me, either. To each, their own!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
At 22", and maintaining the overall tire OD, you're gonna have rubber bands left. Rough ride, increased wear and tear on steering and suspension components will be expected. If you like the appearance, are OK with the negatives, go for it.

Reactions: JayTee2019

·
Super Moderator
21,778 Posts
At 22", and maintaining the overall tire OD, you're gonna have rubber bands left. ...
Not necessarily. Think about this: Acadia's factory wheel options range from 17- to 20-inch. A 235/45R22 would have enough cushion on the road. It would also be close enough to the factory 235/55R20 size's diameter to be nearly error-free on the speedometer (a 0.1 inch difference). Doubtful it would adversely affect handling or suspension integrity. Things may change only if a much wider tire is desired. Then, one would have to consider a change in wheel width, too.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Not necessarily. Think about this: Acadia's factory wheel options range from 17- to 20-inch. A 235/45R22 would have enough cushion on the road. It would also be close enough to the factory 235/55R20 size's diameter to be nearly error-free on the speedometer (a 0.1 inch difference). Doubtful it would adversely affect handling or suspension integrity. Things may change only if a much wider tire is desired. Then, one would have to consider a change in wheel width, too.
It's an opinion thing, what exactly defines a rubber band tire. IMO, a 4.16" sidewall (235/45/22) on the Acadia is a rubber band. Maybe it works on other SUV's (Range Rover?).
The 17" has 6.27" sidewall, 18" has a 6.01" sidewall, 20" has a 5.09" sidewall.
To me the 18" is perfect on the Acadia, 17" is second, 20" looks a tiny bit out of place, and 22" wheels will be too large (too low profile sidewall) for my taste for sure.

·
Super Moderator
21,778 Posts
The only thing I really find wrong with going one or two wheel sizes larger than 'stock' is the higher price of quality tires to fit them.

·
Super Moderator
21,778 Posts
It's an opinion thing, what exactly defines a rubber band tire. ...
I would say anything 24-inch and over like this would qualify. (n)
1621989466064.png

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
IMO . .. a 22" wheel and tire on an Acadia = RLR . . . Ride Like Rocks under it.
My younger nephew found out about that when he put them on his SUV. He complained to his dad that he didn't want to drive it on road trips. . . even short ones . . . . because it was so uncomfortable. (y)

Reactions: Gmcde3 and Grantv

·
Super Moderator
21,778 Posts
New here, HELLO......Anyone ever ran 22" wheels on there Acadia 2019 Body Style? I like my Denali 20" wheels, but I want to go to a little larger tire and i think with 22" it would look better. Similar to this pic.
OK. You've heard it all from the peanut gallery. Now it's your turn. 🤣 Watcha gonna do?

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Just one of the many , , , ,

·
Super Moderator
21,778 Posts
I'm thinking the OP didn't exactly get the opinions he was hoping for and may not return.
Too bad I was the only positive note in the whole discussion. The XT5 has 20s and I think it rides and handles wonderfully. One wheel size larger likely won't make much of a difference from the 20s on their Acadia as long as they choose tires and inflation pressures reasonably.

Just one of the many , , , ,
(ice gets thinner day by day :mad: )

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Ice gets thinner? The OP or JT?
If the OP, not much one can do. People come and go.
If JT, unless I misunderstood, he was talking about the OP being one of many who post a question and never return (in response to divotdug saying so).

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Ice gets thinner? The OP or JT?
If the OP, not much one can do. People come and go.
If JT, unless I misunderstood, he was talking about the OP being one of many who post a question and never return (in response to divotdug saying so).
I am puzzled as well. And, yes, , , just commented that it is one of many one post wonders.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Agree they will be OK, but sacrificing decreased ride quality for some perceived cosmetic improvement makes little sense to me.

Not to mention the extra strain put on the braking and suspension systems due to the heavier rolling mass of the larger wheels.

View attachment 11122
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts