GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from deployment and picked up my truck from storage and I instantly hear a small tick upon cranking it. Even after driving it still ticks and during acceleration the tick becomes faster. I had my car fully serviced prior to storing it and it was stored for four months. I had all codes read just now and nothing is coming up HELP

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Thank you for your service. Hope you are well and the pandemic has not been an issue for you or family.
As for the ticking - -

It may just be a sticky valve lifter or . . . the fuel injectors or high pressure fuel pump you are hearing.
Could it be that maybe you had gotten used to it before being deployed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am 100% sure it wasn’t making this noise prior to storage. I just can’t figure out why it is now. I do know upon storaging it was on E but don’t think that would matter. I’ve checked all fluids but the ticking is still there I plan to do a seaform treatment and run 93 gas for a while to see if it helps
many suggestions?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Maybe get an automotive stethoscope and try and locate where it might be coming from?

·
Registered
155 Posts
This post might be what you are experiencing. If so, it's no cause for concern. Maybe just noticing it more because you have been away from the vehicle so long and/or it's running a little rough from storage?

Also, I just replaced the EVAP purge canister valve on my Acadia which was making somewhat of a ticking sound. However, I had an EVAP P0442 code thrown. Maybe lean down by the canister and see if that is what's ticking? You said no codes, so it's probably not the issue, but doesn't hurt to check.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts