GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you think the Interior material quality is too low for the vehicle with price above $$30K.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think it is fairly classy for its price range. If you are comparing it against a $30K car, that isn't a fair comparison because $$ have to be spent in other areas on a large vehicle like the Acadia. I do think they could have used some softer plasters in quite a few places, but I think it is fairly good.

But to each his own.... I made a decision to purchase the Acadio, best of luck with whatever you choose to put your $$$ on. :beer:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ummm, yeah, I bought my Acadia for exactly that reason. Cheap looking interiors are my favorite kind. :angel:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Honestly, they look classy to me, imho

·
Registered
159 Posts
No, I've peeked in the windows of other more expensive GMC models, and honestly a lot of the knobs and buttons are the same as the Acadia. Just different leathers and such. But overall, I don't think its cheap. I wasn't expecting Lexus or Mercedes looks anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought the slt awd for my wife, we actually did our homework prior to purchasing this vehicle.
We looked and test drove the following suv's, ford expedition, tahoe, yukon by far the expedition was the biggest piece of shiat we got into.
The roof liner was coming out of the sunroof gasket, the wood accents looked worse then fake plastic if that makes sense etc.

The acadia, and the yukon were the front runners with their interior.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let me clear, I was talking about only the scratchy plastics, the dash and the door Panels.
I don’t think it would cost GM than $100 if they replace 6 or 8 plastic panels in the 2009 model with the quality ones.

I was comparing to the plastic materials used in the new 2008 Malibu. (Which is below $$20K?)

I don’t know how many customers have turned away becoz of this, but it definitely made me to reconsider.

I really liked all Leather, cloths and other materials inside Acadia only plastic panels are ecception.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I was just at the Seattle auto show. I would say the Acadia interior is in line with the competition. I saw no great difference in the high priced imports. The Vws and japanese cars still seem cheap inside to me. My brother in law just got a $65,000+ mercedes GL SUV. My fater in law likes my Acadia better. So do I.

·
Registered
683 Posts
You should also note that the Malibu had subpar materials to begin with and is only now with the 2008 model coming around and realizing that they need to step up the game to win back owners from Camrys and Accords. Its all about being competitive.

The Acadia has very comepetitive materials and based on the strong sales and positive reviews I would think many agree.

·
Registered
812 Posts
if the 08 Chevy Malibu is the basis for interior ergonomics then GM is heading in the right direction, these chepo plastic will surely be missed!!!!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I really like the Acadia interior. I think GM did a great job on this one.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
mmm, PLASTIC interior dash and trim vs metal which dents, scratches, fades/wears, cold, no texture....etc. Remember when the dash was padded and would crack showing the filiment innards? You would use electrical tape to hide the cracked looooong seams. Remember that???
I am a textured plastic sort of guy, aren't you?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Easy to clean and maintain, notice how there are few cracks and crevices which trap dirt and are hard to clean? The 2 tone contrast is sharp. I'm a Realtor, everyone that's ridden in it have looked around, and commented how nice it is. One customer was inside, looked around, said, "This isn't a Lexus, what is it? This is nice!" It's comfortable and easy to clean! My wife and our family love this vehicle!

·
Registered
251 Posts
nav said:
Let me clear, I was talking about only the scratchy plastics, the dash and the door Panels.
I don’t think it would cost GM than $100 if they replace 6 or 8 plastic panels in the 2009 model with the quality ones.

I was comparing to the plastic materials used in the new 2008 Malibu. (Which is below $$20K?)

I don’t know how many customers have turned away becoz of this, but it definitely made me to reconsider.

I really liked all Leather, cloths and other materials inside Acadia only plastic panels are ecception.
I still don't see the point to this question, since most of the population here are Acadia owners. Seems more like an opinion than a question, really.

Anyway, for whatever it's worth, I don't think it looks or feels cheap at all. If it did, I wouldn't have bought one. And since owning mine, I have gotten more nice compliments regarding this car than anything else I've ever owned. Some of these compliments came from drivers of Toyota, Infiniti and Mercedes. In fact, the only thing anyone thought was cheap about the Acadia was the price I paid.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I agree with NAV. The appearance of the interior plastics is the low point of an otherwise first rate vehicle.

By contrast the plastics in my Audi are almost impossible to distinguish from the leather even by touch. The plastics in the Acadia are too shiny and hard in my opinion. Audi and others use plastics with a more matte finish and softer slightly rubbery feel.

That said, there's no other 7 passenger vehicle on the market that I'd rather be driving.

·
Registered
41 Posts
AVH said:
I agree with NAV. The appearance of the interior plastics is the low point of an otherwise first rate vehicle.

By contrast the plastics in my Audi are almost impossible to distinguish from the leather even by touch. The plastics in the Acadia are too shiny and hard in my opinion. Audi and others use plastics with a more matte finish and softer slightly rubbery feel.

That said, there's no other 7 passenger vehicle on the market that I'd rather be driving.
I'd also argue that there's no 7 passenger vehicle on the market that has the interior materials you speak of for less than $40k. Even the MDX, which is quite a bit more expensive, has a very plastic-y dash. The most obvious competitors, the Honda Pilot and Mazda CX-9, both have a cheaper interior than the Acadia, to me.

The interior was one of the selling points compared to the Honda and Mazda, in my opinion.

DBinMV

·
Registered
362 Posts
DBinMV said:
The most obvious competitors, the Honda Pilot and Mazda CX-9, both have a cheaper interior than the Acadia, to me.
Agree 100%.

·
Registered
51 Posts
DBinMV said:
I'd also argue that there's no 7 passenger vehicle on the market that has the interior materials you speak of for less than $40k. Even the MDX, which is quite a bit more expensive, has a very plastic-y dash. The most obvious competitors, the Honda Pilot and Mazda CX-9, both have a cheaper interior than the Acadia, to me.

The interior was one of the selling points compared to the Honda and Mazda, in my opinion.

DBinMV
I think the interior design of the Acadia is nicer than the MDX and Highlander (the 2 that I looked at), but IMO the Acadia plastics felt cheaper. Two spots bother me in particular: the levers for flipping forward the middle captain's chairs and the door pockets. Those look and feel like they were made by Rubermaid.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts