GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I went to the dealer and I was asking about installing a hitch on my 08 acadia, apparently they said that it requires a bit of work because they have to modify the ECU, and stuff like that.

Anyone here has had that done, or know anything about it?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Been there and done that. If you do a search on here you will find multiple threads regarding that subject. I put one on my 08 SLE. The hitch itself is easy, but it and bolt it on. The trailer wiring is another story. For the factory wiring to work you have to have the fuse block under the hood changed so it has the place for the relays to make the factory wiring active. You cant splice into the tailights like on older vehicles because it will make the LED lights fail. There is a converter box you can buy and wire in that you can read about in the other threads. I had my fuseblock changed so I would have the factory set up which in my opinion is the best way to go that way the wiring works the way the factory intended. It costs about 500 to have the block changed but I got my service manager to get GM to goodwill half the cost. Good luck with whatever you decided to do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I lucked out that the dealer, after quoting me a price on one without it, ended up not finding the vehicle we wanted, so we got one with the trailer package gratis.

Along with the trailer package also comes a larger alternator and a transmission cooler, not to mention the tow/haul mode on the transmission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts