GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could an Acadia be headed to the White House??. :thumb: Just saw this morning on the news that Joe Biden might be selected as the Dem VP. They showed his home with a Silver Acadia in the driveway. If things go as the media ??? :-[ predicts; just think in 4 or 8 years it might make the White House its new home. ;D

Just cool news to pass along to all the Acadia owners who love this great vehicle. Let's keep this post "Acadia country only " and not make it a political forum. We all have our own views on how November should turn out,;just like the many different opinons on Acadia colors. Separation of Acadia and politics, OK. :angel: Whoops, and :angel: too!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
I knew there was a reason that I like Joe Biden. ;D Now maybe someone will get a boost from Acadia owners if Joe is chosen . . .

or, maybe not. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
As far as the vehicle goes, the VP is in a limo everywhere they go- I read about an experience in one (getting rear-ended and not calling a personal injury attorney ;)) in Dan Quayle's book Standing Firm. We could always photoshop a black Acadia w/ the Prez/Vp seal!

·
Registered
347 Posts
While watching CNN this morning I saw the Green/Blue Acadia you guys were talking about coming out of Sen. Biden's driveway. It turned onto the street, and man, it looked good! Too bad they won't use them as official vehicles. ;D

·
Registered
195 Posts
They would look great in the Carbon Black in place of the same old Suburbans that we always see on TV and in movies that are used by the Feds, CIA, etc. 8)

·
Registered
347 Posts
When Sen. Biden left his residence in the motorcade, I noticed several Ford and GM trucks (I think the regular Suburbans or Tahoes) and a few foreign makes (although I don't think those were official vehicles). :eek:
This time I noticed only a few were black in color. It seemed like most of them were softer, like silver or tan. I guess they need some of those vehicles to blend in. It could also be that since this was a last minute announcement and the Secret Service had to get into place, perhaps they didn't have the regular detail vehicles available. (Naw, I'm sure they had their plan in order). 8) ;)

·
Registered
347 Posts
I wasn't aware that driving a particular type or model of vehicle could be the basis for determining an individuals' political affiliation or loyalty. I never considered that the Acadia, the celebrated vehicle for which we are all here, would be categorized as being either "Red" or "Blue". :) In my opinion, the opening subject/topic was to celebrate the fact that someone was, in fact, an Acadia owner, who coincidently, may be "taking" it to the White House. I doubt if the intention was to suggest that an Acadia in the White House was an indication of a particular political party "cornering" the "White House Crossover Vehicle Award". ;D

Perhaps we ought to leave the pointed political speculation and a more spirited debate to another forum that is intended to be political in nature rather than, let's say . . . automotive? ;)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Good point detnick... the whole color thing can be really confusing. I have two red vehicles and live in a red state. Both were made outside the US. I also have two blue vehicles (counting the Acadia ;)) that are domestic and my user name starts with Blue. However, my favorite president did battle with the reds and won the cold war. ???

You took a yellow Red before a White American, and that's pretty pinko!
-Col. Flagg, M*A*S*H

I say we stick with Acadia/vehicle discussions here also so as to minimize the inevitable acrimony! Plenty of battlegrounds online for the other stuff.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Here, here, Blue! :thumb: ;D

:ditto:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
...Although if we ever hold a convention here, I will pick Web as my VP if nominated... ;D

·
Registered
347 Posts
Good thinking! :thumb: I'm sure that ticket will go all the way. :hyper: In fact, you've got my vote. :blob: :clap2:

·
Registered
542 Posts
A l.ittle po;itical depate never hurt anyone. Sure breaks up the monotony of all those posters raving about the car they just bought

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ok.
Let's roll political/family debate here.
Q: How do you react on Palin's daughter pregnancy news?

Is she (Palin) spent too much time as politician and is not paying an attention what is going inside her family? or

It's normal for this days, kids get start sexual activities too early and the school system doesn't do good job in family education?
I have 16 years old daughter. Today first day of school. I tell you a truth, if I found out same news I will be really, really pissed and I don't know what I have done. (I know, but it's inside me).

·
Registered
347 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Good point detnick... the whole color thing can be really confusing. I have two red vehicles and live in a red state. Both were made outside the US. I also have two blue vehicles (counting the Acadia ;)) that are domestic and my user name starts with Blue. However, my favorite president did battle with the reds and won the cold war. ???

You took a yellow Red before a White American, and that's pretty pinko!
-Col. Flagg, M*A*S*H

I say we stick with Acadia/vehicle discussions here also so as to minimize the inevitable acrimony! Plenty of battlegrounds online for the other stuff.
Nuff said . . . ;D :eek:fftopic:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts