GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$4,816.58 boo-boo

T-boned by a Honda Civic pulling into daycare last night.

Sorry, they were temp file tags. POsted below.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
What's with the Honda Civics and what do they have against the Acadia?!

Sorry to hear about it. That sucks. :sosad:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
So sorry, that stinks!! How long do they think that will take to fix? Looks like a lot of ordering.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Joe. I hope it gets all fixed up for you soon!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Son of a *(*&^# that sucks!

Hopefully the speeds involved were low. Probably looks worse than it is, but still.... ow.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Grr your pics aren't working...anyone else having that problem?

·
Registered
730 Posts
yeah, where's your pics?

If you take a look at the previous threads, most, if not all, accidents on an Acadia, were caused by hondas.

·
Registered
249 Posts
O.k., not to be too obvious in trying to make lemons out of lemonade here, but that's some severe damage to the front of the door yet the paint didn't CHIP? It looks like the paint mostly stayed intact, and that's red jewel.

That's actually extremely encouraging. I have White Diamond Tri-Coat and I've been given these horrible fears here that the slightest move will see my paint flaking to the ground.

But oh man, I think I speak for every proud Acadia owner here when I say it hurts to see that.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I wasn't able to get the pix to work yesterday so I didn't see the actual damage until just now. My last Vue took a hit like that and it was about $2,700 in damage. Hopefully nothing got seriously tweaked on your Acadia from that accident.

·
Registered
384 Posts
NY Joe: So sorry to hear about your accident. Thankfully no one was hurt. It sure stinks when you have a fender bender. Shakes you up. :(

·
Registered
812 Posts
blame it on the driver being mezmerized by the beauty of NY Joe's butt err Acadia butt i mean.... :deadhorse:

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Attached images.

I was pulling into entrance(driveway) at almost zero speed...under 10 miles an hours.

She was accelerating out of the driveway coming upwards from the dip in the driveway/road.

She caught my doors from underneath and hit them up.

The only damage to her Civic was broken license plate frame and scuffed and scraped bumper.

No other damage to lights, etc.

All about angles.  My door is banged in on bottom, popped out on top and feels like it will fall off the hinges.  Instantaneously all my lights went on in cabin, ONstar was speaking to me and a police unit was there in 2 minutes.

BTW, the paint was flaking off were the most damage was. I mean solid chips peeling off.

Luckily, my son wasn't in the car b/c I would have been arrested for manslaughter/murder.

The best part is she left the scene. I did a little CSI on Thursday and tracked her down and had a unit come and rough her up verbally and get her insurance info.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
OMG! She did THAT to your car and LEFT THE SCENE? :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

I'm impressed with your restraint...I think I'd have been on the news this morning.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is with my door fully closed.

I could stick my hand out the top of my door. That is how bent out it was. Car drives like new. Just door and b-pillar are ugly.

I got hit, looked at her but her windows were too dark. Imotioned to pull in the lot. Got out of my car 50 ft later and she was gone.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I can't believe anyone would do that. Just hit someone and leave!! Nice police work NY_Joe. You may have missed your calling. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
vic49 said:
I can't believe anyone would do that. Just hit someone and leave!! Nice police work NY_Joe. You may have missed your calling. :thumb:
I'm guessing his son is a police officer... just guessing though based on things Joe said in his earlier post.

It's still unreal that someone can actually live with themselves knowing that they caused damage to someone else's vehicle and just left the scene. Hope she doesn't believe in karma.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
NY_Joe said:
Instantaneously all my lights went on in cabin, ONstar was speaking to me and a police unit was there in 2 minutes.
Did it set off the side airbags Joe? Just wondering what triggered ONStar to call.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
vic49 said:
HAha. Thanks.

It was limited access to this lot. Only daycare people and one other office. With my luck it would have been a stray person parking, but it wasn;t. Went back the next morning and talked to receptionist at business. She said it was someone who worked there. When she came in she called me. I jumped in my Grand Cherokee rental and called the cops.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Web Raven said:
vic49 said:
I'm guessing his son is a police officer... just guessing though based on things Joe said in his earlier post.

It's still unreal that someone can actually live with themselves knowing that they caused damage to someone else's vehicle and just left the scene. Hope she doesn't believe in karma.
No. No police officer. He would be the younges ton the force at 21 months.

I agree. It's deplorable that people would leave the scene. I could have had her arrested if I went to the hospital and got a medical report. However, I believe inb karma and decided against it.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Okay, gotcha. Now that I know that, I read your comment in a totally different manner... :)

Luckily, my son wasn't in the car b/c I would have been arrested for manslaughter/murder.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts