GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife told me Saturday at noon that one of our twin daughters was using the Acadia that night to go to the Prom :eek:

Ok...so I got it cleaned up real nice.

The other twin got grandpa's black 07 Escalade w/ 22's.

So of all the things to say to the young man who will be driving, the only thing I came up with was a question.

"Where do you park a $43 thousand dollar car?" he looked at me funny and shocked at the price, I replied, "as far away from any other cars as you can" :D

The Acadia survived the evening.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
That's funny!! You are a trusting dad, her date must have been a good kid! :angel:
:sunny:
My son turns 15 today and is looking to learn to drive. We have a choice, the G-35 or the Acadia. I guess he'll be walking!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Definitely very trusting. I'd having enough trouble letting my own child drive the Acadia, but to let another kid drive it... NO WAY. lol

Having said that... my son is 15 and very eager to drive. Fortunately for me, his school does not have a large enough drivers' ed program to take all of the sophomores this Fall, so he will have to wait until his Junior year to take it. ;D

·
Registered
403 Posts
No way man...I'd have the boy come up with another vehicle option on his own...Take one of my babies out of the house, but not two. :confused:

·
Registered
306 Posts
mckcab said:
That's funny!! You are a trusting dad, her date must have been a good kid! :angel:
:sunny:
My son turns 15 today and is looking to learn to drive. We have a choice, the G-35 or the Acadia. I guess he'll be walking!
Speaking of funny--your: ". . . he'll be walking" is really funny!

The difference between a father and a grandfather! As a grandfather, my oldest grandson drove my BMW to the prom and then at a later prom drove his sister and her boyfriend in the same car.

I figure if he damages it, GEICO will fix it (so I can trade it) or buy me another car! I pay them to worry so I do not have to--worse that happens is I get a new car--that is never a bad thing to me!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Cool 002, 8) if I send him to you, will you teach him to drive? ;D

·
Registered
306 Posts
mckcab said:
Cool 002, 8) if I send him to you, will you teach him to drive? ;D
Sure!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Racefla said:
"Where do you park a $43 thousand dollar car?" he looked at me funny and shocked at the price, I replied, "as far away from any other cars as you can" :D

The Acadia survived the evening.
Geez, you are awfully trusting :crazy: You should have used the Canadian price to really freak him out though. ;D

·
Registered
405 Posts
well i learned to drive a manual in my dads older corvette (before he bought the c6) and when i was going to prom my mother would let me take her mercedes.

as for the learning how to drive thing my parents couldn't weight for me to drive then i would get off their back about taking me places or driving me to school. But i have my own truck now.

those are some lucky kids getting to drive a cadillac and acadia.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts