GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

p.s. No one was seriously injured. ... Just a few bruised egos.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Now that is one you will not see very often. That is unless you watch the reruns of CHiPS. That show just loved launching vehicles into the air.

George

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Air bags deployed. . . . totaled. bad day for everyone.

Interesting the little white SUV supported the Acadia.

·
Super Moderator
22,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Now that is one you will not see very often. That is unless you watch the reruns of CHiPS. That show just loved launching vehicles into the air.
A-Team was good for that, too. lol

I'm sure the guy in the Jaguar was 'really impressed!' I bet that crumbled his crumpets!! 😱

·
Registered
487 Posts
...Interesting the little white SUV supported the Acadia.
Interesting but not surprising given it appears it's pretty centered right over the firewall which is a major component of the passenger space 'safety shell'.

Says a lot about how vehicles are designed currently. Back in the '70's a friend was involved in a similar incident - firewall collapsed and the entire front of the passenger space and dash collapsed down onto his legs. He was lucky to 'walk' away from that with just a simple fractured femur.

·
Super Moderator
22,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The windshield frame and A-pillars also add a bit of structural integrity.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I saw this the other day, and I too was impressed by the strength of the A-pillar and the chassis of the Jaguar. That's an extra 4,000+ lbs sitting on the frame and the front axle. I'm surprised nothing buckled.

Regardless, I can tell you that I wouldn't have just been sitting there waiting to see if that steel held. If any of those doors were operational, I would have been booking it out of the vehicle ASAP.

·
Super Moderator
22,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I thought it curious that the pedestrian just casually walked by seemingly oblivious to the plight of people in the Jaguar or Acadia.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I saw this the other day, and I too was impressed by the strength of the A-pillar and the chassis of the Jaguar. That's an extra 4,000+ lbs sitting on the frame and the front axle. I'm surprised nothing buckled.

Regardless, I can tell you that I wouldn't have just been sitting there waiting to see if that steel held. If any of those doors were operational, I would have been booking it out of the vehicle ASAP.
Exactly.
Hard to believe the wheels still rolled with the Acadia on top of the little white SUV.

And surprised no one in any of their vehicles exited them. Must have all been in the "slow motion" world of shock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts