GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I recently completed a 1000km trip in my Acadia and thought I’d share the some stats.

For one leg of the 500km (311 miles) trip:
Average speed was 101 km/h (63mph) which included driving through city and border crossing.
Cruise control set to 160km/h (99mph) for the highway
Average fuel consumption 15.9l/100km (17.77mpg)
Average outside temperature 46c (115F) - it was through a desert after all :)!

I found out the car is electronically restricted to 187km/h. Even at that speed it could have gone faster.

Driving was really good. The car was stable and seating comfortable. At the end of my journey I didn’t feel tired. Although I find the Acadia underpowered for normal traffic through the city, it behaved well on highway overtaking.

Regards
Al.

·
Registered
96 Posts
get the may 8th optional TCM update (see the engine/drivetrain thread)... it fixes the underpowered issue in city driving.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
My goodness!! You drive FAST! I doubt I will ever see the car shut down at 116 mph!!! WOW!!!

But that is the same speed my 1997 Grand Prix would shut down. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for posting!!! My wife and I are getting ready for a 3000 mile road trip in ours ( I wanted to take the good gas mileage car, but she insisted on the SUV). I dont think I will be setting my cruise at 99mph, more like 68ish, so I'm expecting about 22-23mpg over the life of the trip. Right now we average about 20 mixed city/highway. We'll see how it improves with the new exhaust I put on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
Regarding the 8th TCM, I had my car serviced about a month ago and they said they updated all of the software. The dealer isn't the best (there's only one in the country so options are limited!) so I'm assuming they have actually updated the software. I will ask them on the next service for this particular CM.

I'm not sure how much difference to fuel consumption a AWD model makes compared to a FWD?

Al.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In June we drove the Acadia on a round trip from western Montana to New Jersey a trip of about 2500 miles each way. We have an AWD SLT-1 that had about 1,700 miles on it when we started. The car was loaded with two adults three dogs and all the necessities for an extended stay in NJ. We took the 3rd row seats out so we could pack as much stuff as the vehicle could carry.

We averaged, per the DIC, about 64 miles per hour. Most of the western states allow 70 MPH for cars and we took advantage of all that and a little more. Most of the trip we ran with the A/C on but not 100 percent of the time. Some mornings when we were starting out the outside temps were in the 50's so who needs air then. Anyway the fuel consumption results of the trip were 20.5 MPG for each leg. Which seemed odd to me since on the east bound leg we went from an elevation of 4000 feet to sea level and on the west bound leg we had to climb that same height.

The Acadia is capable of getting better gas mileage that the EPA listing. While in NJ I took a round trip of about 70 miles all on highway and made it a point to stay at the posted speed limit of 60-65 MPH. For that trip the vehicle was unloaded and there were no passangers. On that trip I averaged 25.1 MPG and needless to say I was pleased.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
saar said:
...The dealer isn't the best (there's only one in the country so options are limited!)...
Needless to say, when buying, getting dealer quotes is not an option :(. "No negotiation necessary".

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks for the post...I would never have discovered that acadia is speed limited to 187kph :thumb:

Last month we took our acadia on a 2400 mile road trip and averaged 22.4 mpg. What impressed
was that acadia was loaded with 6 persons & luggage and highway cruise was set 70 to 75mpg.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Glass 1/2 full said:
Thanks for the post...I would never have discovered that acadia is speed limited to 187kph :thumb:

Last month we took our acadia on a 2400 mile road trip and averaged 22.4 mpg. What impressed
was that acadia was loaded with 6 persons & luggage and highway cruise was set 70 to 75mpg.
AWD or FWD??

NOTE: If you put the details of your car in your signature, then we will all know this and won't need to ask this questions any longer. :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Am I one of the only guys here that actually takes his vehicle after he drives it and sees how fast is goes?? LOL

·
Registered
152 Posts
GAR said:
Glass 1/2 full said:

AWD or FWD??

NOTE: If you put the details of your car in your signature, then we will all know this and won't need to ask this questions any longer. :)
AWD :thumb:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Thanks for updating the signature. We have very similar cars and I am jealous because I did not order the trailering package. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
GAR said:
Thanks for updating the signature. We have very similar cars and I am jealous because I did not order the trailering package. :)
I haven't used the acadia's trailering feature yet however it is a very useful feature plus the option came
with the heavy-duty cooling. I felt it was worth it coughing up the extra $$$ up front rather than having
this retro-fitted later.

·
Registered
18 Posts
No you are not the only one who does this sort of stuff. AWD, flat ground at 3000-4000' elevation, limited to 108 mph.

·
Registered
428 Posts
thanks gravitygod, its good to know that I am not the only one that likes to play with his vehicles. My FWD SLE is limited to 108 as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just another update.

Had my 10,000 km service a week ago - no problems.

Went on a another long round trip from Bahrain to East Saudi Arabia which involved about 23 hours of driving in a 53 hour period.

Trip: 2730km - 1697 miles
Fuel Economy: 15.6 l/100km - 18.1mpg
Fuel used: 433 litres - 95 imperial gallons

For about 19 of those hours, my speed was between 100 and 110mph. The car didn't blink - temperature never above 100c and car was solid on the highway. Driving was comfortable although my back was sore and shoulders ached when I got back home :)

Laying out the middle and third row seats provided a great temporary bed!

Really enjoying my car! ;D

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
saar said:
Just another update.

Went on a another long round trip from Bahrain to East Saudi Arabia which involved about 23 hours of driving in a 53 hour period.

For about 19 of those hours, my speed was between 100 and 110mph. The car didn't blink - temperature never above 100c and car was solid on the highway. Driving was comfortable although my back was sore and shoulders ached when I got back home :)

You drove on average between 100 and 110 mph and still pulled in 18 mpg :jaw: That certainly is impressive

·
Registered
294 Posts
jsimms said:
saar said:
Just another update.

You drove on average between 100 and 110 mph and still pulled in 18 mpg :jaw: That certainly is impressive

I think that an Imperial gallon is more than a 'merican gallon. However, that is still great fuel efficiency at that rate of speed!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts