GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started a campaign to draw local Acadia owners (all 10 of them; I don't see many here!) to the site. Whenever I come across a parked Acadia; it's getting one of these info cards. What do you all think?

Attachments

·
Registered
540 Posts
jsimms said:
I have started a campaign to draw local Acadia owners (all 10 of them; I don't see many here!) to the site. Whenever I come across a parked Acadia; it's getting one of these info cards. What do you all think?
You have waaaaaay to much free time. ;D

Bobby

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
DeForger said:
jsimms said:
You have waaaaaay to much free time. ;D

Bobby
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :ditto:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The design was a cut and paste; total time to create 10 min.
Already had the Word template on the computer
Printing and cutting to size 10 min

Total time 20 minutes

I really don't have a lot of spare time, this is a test model; I may make some upgrades

·
Registered
487 Posts
I think a good upgrade would be a 100 dollar bill and you should start by sending me one. :blob: :blob: :blob: :blob: :blob:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got back from dinner; showed my family the card and I got :sosad: and ::). No one appreciates my efforts :banghead:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's nice Blue :thumb:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Maybe Acadiaforum can get some of the GM bailout dollars? :D
Seems the marketing on here is more efficient than most of GM's big $$ initiatives. I joined this site months before I bought one, it was my main info resource and helped solidify my purchase. In fact, I told the dealer about this vehicle before he had any on the lot!

·
Registered
752 Posts
jsimms said:
Just got back from dinner; showed my family the card and I got :sosad: and ::). No one appreciates my efforts :banghead:
Actually, I probably would feel better handing out a card like yours (sorry Blue). Any chance of you posting your template and I could just tweak it a bit.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PM me your email and I will send it to you; the document is in Word 2007

EDIT: Down converted the template to a .doc format to upload here. Tagged two Acadia's yesterday

Attachments

·
Registered
752 Posts
Thanks, the Doc file works great. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After you adapt it to your liking; send me a copy

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So far I have only tagged 2 Acadia's; wondering if they registered

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I was turning in my Acadia today for repairs, and another Black 08 pulled into the parking lot. The lady came in and after a few minutes she sat down and was waiting for a ride to the car rental place. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to hand her one of my cards promoting the website. She didn't seem too thrilled and I think maybe she thought I was a little crazy. Who knows she might register with us.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Maybe she has a lot of rattles in her Acadia. Or her front passenger seat back fell off. Or.............

.....maybe she just thought you were a fanatic. :angel:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think the last one was right ;D

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
If someone came up to me out of the blue and handed me that card, they'd get a raised eyebrow from me too. Acadia owner or not. It's just kind of... weird. LOL

You're like an Acadia Street Team all-in-one.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've done this kinda thing from before and I get the same respose like the one you are getting jsimms. That confirms that everybody is different, and sometimes the response is so unexpected it will catch you off-guard. I guess what I'm saying is keep your feet on the ground, don't expect too much. Don't expect you'll get the same enthusiasm as you have. Remember, reaction is an action of the same magnitude but in opposite direction :beer:

Cerveza por favor?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The opportunity presented itself and I didn't expect too much in response; this was the first one on one contact I've made

1 - 20 of 33 Posts