GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really can't believe the attention my Acadia receives. If we go to a restaurant for lunch for example (Tim Hortons FTW!), I like to seat myself strategically so I can gaze past my wife to look at my car while she basks in the misapprehension that she has my rapt attention.

And I've gotta say...I'm STUNNED by how often people will walk by, stop, and peer in and hold discussions about the car while standing beside it, not to mention people checking it out as I idle outside Costco and Walmart.

I'm sure others here are experiencing this? This car is doing wonders for my virility. ;D

·
Registered
812 Posts
Traclavelook said:
I'm sure others here are experiencing this? This car is doing wonders for my virility. ;D
LOL!!! ;D you almost knock me over my chair!!!

:ditto: Got complemeted yesterday at a parking lot outside a Thai restaurant!!! but what if our wife is driving???? dont you think it had the same effect? ;D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SioXie said:
:ditto: Got complemeted yesterday at a parking lot outside a Thai restaurant!!! but what if our wife is driving???? dont you think it had the same effect? ;D
Indeed! ;D As for my virility...in effect, my car is writing cheques I can't cash. ;D

·
Registered
492 Posts
Traclavelook said:
I really can't believe the attention my Acadia receives. If we go to a restaurant for lunch for example (Tim Hortons FTW!), I like to seat myself strategically so I can gaze past my wife to look at my car while she basks in the misapprehension that she has my rapt attention.

And I've gotta say...I'm STUNNED by how often people will walk by, stop, and peer in and hold discussions about the car while standing beside it, not to mention people checking it out as I idle outside Costco and Walmart.

Hehehe....you do that too? When you see someone peer in...pop the hatch & close it or remote start it.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Racefla said:
Traclavelook said:

Hehehe....you do that too? When you see someone peer in...pop the hatch & close it or remote start it.
another SHOWOFF!!! ;D :thumb: ;D

for me, i always say "im still single...." ;D

·
Registered
263 Posts
WOW, you guys are cracking me up. Leave it to you'all (men) to make the car about how cool or hot you are. Thank goodness GMC made this car for you. How would you ever get by knowing its really not about you but the car. Silly boys and their toys...lol :rock:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KarolsAcadia said:
WOW, you guys are cracking me up. Leave it to you'all (men) to make the car about how cool or hot you are. Thank goodness GMC made this car for you. How would you ever get by knowing its really not about you but the car. Silly boys and their toys...lol :rock:
How cute...bringing your fancy dose of reality, common sense and logic to the discussion. ;D

·
Registered
73 Posts
I live in Southern CA where 19 of 20 vehicles are foreign. My neighbor has been eyeing my '08 SLT2 (he drives an older Lexus 350 SUV) and today we were talking and he was admiring my tricolor white truck. He's facing the front of the Acadia and askes me what kind of vehicle it is. I say it's an Acadia. So, again looking right at the grill, he asks "who makes it?" :confused:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
lagunasrfr said:
So, again looking right at the grill, he asks "who makes it?" :confused:
Did you tell him Grand Motoring Cars? ;D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Jeff95TA said:
lagunasrfr said:
So, again looking right at the grill, he asks "who makes it?" :confused:
Did you tell him Grand Motoring Cars? ;D
Who's that comedian...."HERE'S YOUR SIGN!"....LOL

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a lady come up to me at a recent Funeral I attended and complement the car, and ask me what it was called. My wife gets it more often because she's usually the one driving it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts