GMC Acadia Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Very nice. . . The new 2020 restyle looks really good in black.

Enjoy the ride !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks JT. Just getting it all programmed/profiled and hoping it serves me well. As a side benefit, my insurance went down on the Acadia from a 2012 Buick LaCrosse. Agent says due to additional safety features.

·
Super Moderator
19,260 Posts
Some of your pics are good 'Showcase' candidates. ;) They'd be tied directly to your member profile.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Looks great, and a bonus on the insurance rates. My '19 went down a bit from my '04 Chevy too (Z06...). :cool:
Hi Grantv. My poor old LaCrosse was the e-assist model, (able to drive in Hybrid Lanes during rush hour), and took the better part of 9 seconds to get to 60mph. I thought insurance companies couldn't rate a car (and LaCrosse drivers) any "safer*"

*"safer" = older dudes going to work

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi Grantv. My poor old LaCrosse was the e-assist model, (able to drive in Hybrid Lanes during rush hour), and took the better part of 9 seconds to get to 60mph. I thought insurance companies couldn't rate a car (and LaCrosse drivers) any "safer*"

*"safer" = older dudes going to work
Yeah, I'm getting older-ish too (56 soon), so they weren't rating on age.
But it was my daily spring, summer and fall, thus the high rates. Our Acadia's (and pretty much half new cars probably) are rated 6.x (compared to 3.x on the Z06), enough for me (at least so far).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Initial inspection and electronics check:

Initial inspection for fit and finish has been very good. Interior and exterior gaps are tight and consistent. Paint and chrome unblemished. The metallic in the Ebony Twilight Metallic flecks/flops nicely in the sun.

Mechanicals all appear to be operational. Drive modes (FWD, AWD, Sport) have distinctive separation. (I am not track driver and consider myself “easy on cars”, so others may have a more technical perspective). In Sport, there is a firmer ride with less roll and since I was watching for it, I noticed the higher rpm shift points. No use of Off Road or Tow modes. Stop/Start works and can be disengaged. Cylinder deactivation is seamless and not noticeable. Transmission is smooth and I have not noticed any jumpy shifts or gear selection confusion. Rear Lift Gate and Kick Activation works as expected. Keyless Remote works as expected with remote start and activation of folding outside mirrors. I would say, after driving a much lighter car while waiting for my Acadia, I needed to adjust my perspective on braking distance. (Even though the Acadia is pretty light for its class).

Safety applications are intuitive. I have all of them turned on and have let the Acadia stray from its lane to have the seat shake and the windshield flash red. It will get your attention. Adaptive Cruise Control is effective, but not sure I will be on the highway enough to enjoy its true value. Heads Up Display is great and I have come to rely on it from previous cars. Inside Rearview Mirror is a nice feature with access to rear camera instead of through the cabin, although I use the through the cabin view after folding down the head restraints in the 3rd row. Overhead Camera and Park Assist are very useful in placing the car exactly where you want in a parking space or near a curb. Thankfully, have not had an Emergency/Pedestrian braking check.

The Infotainment and Speaker system is more than enough for me. (However, I am not an audiophile). I like the HD Radio and we have around 50 stations broadcasting in my area. For me, with a usb drive filled with 500/600 songs, it is real competition for XM, but I would miss Netflix is a Joke on XM. Phone Pairing and Garage Door Programming was easy, each done in 10 seconds and on the first attempt.

So far, so good.

Next steps will be discovering Android Car and running through Voice Commands for NAV, Audio Control and Phone Services.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Thanks for the initial review and observations and experience.
Good to hear about how the new 9 speed performs. I found the same about gauging size and braking distance when moving from our 2015 Equinox with the V6 to the 2019 Acadia. It actually rides smoother than the Equinox and I think part of it is that smoother ride and perhaps differing hood length.
We only have the SLT-1, but find it just the right size, comfortable and stylish.
The HD radio was a surprise. I hadn't looked into the electronics that much before we bought ours. I test drove 2 before buying, but that was mostly to check seating comfort, handling and other features.

·
Super Moderator
19,260 Posts
Enjoy your Denali. Maintain it well and drive it sensibly. Hope it remains trouble-free as long as you have the desire to own it.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts