GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are topics about this already, but I can't find one. Anyway I need an expert to decipher the service identification sticker and tell me what the actual color is :) I have a feeling it's liquid silver, but that's a guess. Once someone figures it out, could you respond with the answer as well. I know I say a topic about this last night, but it's early and I can't find it to save my life :help:

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
The 400P is the paint code and from my look up on-line it is "TRANSITION BLUE MET", but I would check with the dealer to be sure.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
GAR said:
The 400P is the paint code and from my look up on-line it is "TRANSITION BLUE MET"
Never heard of that one before. How could that color be confused with Silver?
I thought the paint codes were 3 character. like the 12U or something like that.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Okay did a search for the 78U in the bottom line. Found this information on here. It might be the blue gold metallic
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=21.msg1408#msg1408

sunshadw said:
There seems to be quite a few GM vehicles with this new, for 07, color to look at. Same color code - 78U - but different names. You can look at the ocean, sunset or even a golden pewter along with the blue-gold crystal.
Division Year Model Exterior Solid Paint Color Code
Buick 2008 Enclave Blue-Gold Crystal Metallic 78U (not yet)
Cadillac 2007 CTS Sunset Blue 78U
Cadillac 2007 SRX Sunset Blue 78U
Cadillac 2007 STS Sunset Blue 78U
Chevrolet 2007 Malibu Golden Pewter Metallic 78U
GMC 2007 Acadia Blue-Gold Crystal Metallic 78U
Pontiac 2007 G6 Blue-Gold Crystal Metallic 78U
Saturn 2007 Aura Ocean Mist 78U
Saturn 2007 Outlook Ocean Mist 78U
Does this match your vehcile?

This photo is from another AF.net member EGLMOM posted here [/color] bonk1313[/color]

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In my defense, the body color depends on how you are looking at it and what type and intensity of light is reflecting off the vehicle. The reason I am questioning the color is that it seems to have multiple colors. Last night in the garage with flourescent lighting; the car almost have a green hue to it. My signature says silver because that what it looks like the most to me when I searched vehicle colors. Also, the dealership couldn't positively identify the color so I went with my best guess. Thanks for the research; I appreciate it :)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I may be wrong, but I think the 78U is the code used when ordering. My Acadia was "80U Red Jewel Tintcoat Paint" but the paint code from my sticker was 301N and that is what I used when ordering my touch up paint. I attached a picture from one of the sites that show where to get the paint code from the sticker. It's underlined in red. I took the 400P and looked it up to get the color. Still, I would recommend verifying this with a dealer and not taking my word for it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Cool, I guess we both found a color code then, hahaha.

Like GAR Said check with the dealer. If you talk to the parts department and give them the vin # they can order the correct paint touch up kit for you..... But it is safe to bet that you don't have the silver, but the Blue Gold Metallic instead. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Interesting link.
So according to that site the 78u and 400p are the same color but labelled differently... hmmmmm

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had the same thoughts, but both codes come out to the same color :confused: My feeling is one code; one color because I am a simple guy

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I'm scratching my head at this (and maybe snickering a little) because you bought a car and didn't know what the proper color of it was! :p Mostly though, shame on that dealer for not knowing.

Glad you guys figured it out. The Blue Gold is always an interesting color because it changes with the light. Keeps people guessing!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Where are these stickers located?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
On the drop down section of the glove compartment door.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
bonk1313 said:
On the drop down section of the glove compartment door.
Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts