GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to order a SLT2 with Heads-Up Display, HID Headlamps, Sunroof, and Trailer Package in Summit White or White Diamond with Titanium Leather. I figured Invoice on the Summit White to be $35,944, with ivoice on the White Diamond more for the premium paint color.
Help, need a good plan on how to approach dealers. Any ideas would be a BIG help! I also would ask for the $500 cash bonus and the $1000 Conquest Bonus on my deal. I also have a GM credit card that will get an additional $1,500 off the bottom line.
I've been a Yukon driver, but love the look and feel of the Acadia. They have two white ones at the local dealership.
Hate dealing with car salespeople, need help!

·
Registered
360 Posts
From what I have been reading, the GM card will add no benefit to you. They are not accepting GM Card credits right now...You may be able to try under MSRP, but I do not see alot of dealers budging right now, due to the age of the model.

Good luck, and let us know how it works out for you.

Adam Boca

·
Registered
1 Posts
They are not accepting GM Card credits right now...

That is incorrect...You can use up to $1,000 GMcard dollars on the Acadia. And, with some restrictions, there is a $1,000 GMcard bonus that expires 3/15/07. That is over and above the $1,000 limit. I printed out the info, but can't find the link that I used, sorry. If I locate it again, I'll post it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Adam Boca said:
From what I have been reading, the GM card will add no benefit to you. They are not accepting GM Card credits right now...You may be able to try under MSRP, but I do not see alot of dealers budging right now, due to the age of the model.

Good luck, and let us know how it works out for you.

Adam Boca
They're allowing GM card credit. I applied $1000 to my Acadia from my GM card. That is the limit for the Acadia.

And as far as deals go, I was able to negotiate about $450 over invoice. Luckily, my wife's car is a Jeep so I was able to get the conquest discount as well. Purchased mine within the first week of the dealers getting them in my area so I feel fortunate that I was able to negotiate at all. ;)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Sorry folks...I was wrong, but I did say "From what I have been reading" and you know how the internet can be! ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
What I did was I signed up to get quotes from 3 local dealers. I went to edmonds.com to get the invoice price. Some dealers called and some emailed me. I told them to email me their best price so I could have it documented. I emailed and called these dealers playing one against the other for the best deal. Finally, when I got them down below their invoice price I was ready to go to the closest dealer to me that I hadn't included in the price wars. I basically went in short and sweet and showed the salesman all of my emailed quotes and told him to beat the lowest. He did and 2,850 below MSRP I was very satisfied. I did alot of homework but from my own home. No more running from dealer to dealer. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Keep in mind that, unless you get a particularly friendly dealer, you only get the rebates and discounts available at the time of delivery. So if you order an Acadia, you do run the risk of not getting it in before the current rebates expire. That's not to say that they won't be extended or replaced with new rebates, but you never know. Regardless, from my own experience and what several others have reported, people ARE getting pretty decent deals on Acadias - at or near invoice. We actually got ours a few hundred BELOW invoice, but it had 900 miles on it.

Bill suggestion is probably the best way to get a good deal without traveling all around, but you might also start with carsdirect.com - that will get you close to GM Supplier pricing with zero effort.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Pelle31 said:
I applied $1000 to my Acadia from my GM card. That is the limit for the Acadia.
I think that is partially correct. There are at least two different GM cards - the "old" card and the "new" card. The new one lets you accrue unlimited earnings each year but the amount you can redeem on a vehicle is capped. The old card, which I have, limits your annual earnings to $500, but when it comes time to redeem there is no cap on what you can redeem, except the earnings expire after seven years. So in effect the redemption is capped at $3500.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
zman said:
Pelle31 said:
I applied $1000 to my Acadia from my GM card. That is the limit for the Acadia.
I think that is partially correct. There are at least two different GM cards - the "old" card and the "new" card. The new one lets you accrue unlimited earnings each year but the amount you can redeem on a vehicle is capped. The old card, which I have, limits your annual earnings to $500, but when it comes time to redeem there is no cap on what you can redeem, except the earnings expire after seven years. So in effect the redemption is capped at $3500.
Zman you are exactly correct on the "old" vs. "new" GM Cards. I have the old card with about $3300 of earnings on it that I plan to use on my new Acadia this year. One thing that's interesting is that you will find no mention of the old card at gmcard.com - the descriptions on the web site are all based on the "new" card. I was actually confused by this and called customer service to complain that my earnings were being limited to $500 per year while the website said there was no limit. They politely explained that I have the "old" card and had never changed it to the "new" card. To their credit, they also explained that I was not limited to the vehicle allowances under the "old" card.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow! I was fixing to get really steamed on the $1,000 limit on my GM card earnings, so I gave them a call. I have the old card and don't have the $1,000 limit. The Gm Rep I talked with said I could use all my $1,500 GM Earnings on the purchase of a 2007 Acadia.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I turned in $2,400 on my "old" GM card, plus got a $500.00 bonus cash and the conquest $1,000. They also sent me the "new" GM card, I'd like to decline it and keep my old one.

·
Registered
518 Posts
SAF_ALG said:
I turned in $2,400 on my "old" GM card, plus got a $500.00 bonus cash and the conquest $1,000. They also sent me the "new" GM card, I'd like to decline it and keep my old one.
They're not mandating that people switch are they?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
zman said:
SAF_ALG said:
They're not mandating that people switch are they?
They certainly weren't mandating it when I talked to them. It would not be a wise move from a PR standpoint for them to require people to forgo their large earnings balances. I don't think I've even received a mailing encouraging me to switch to the new card in at least 5 years.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Adam Boca said:
Sorry folks...I was wrong, but I did say "From what I have been reading" and you know how the internet can be! ;)
You're fired!!

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
I have 1000 conquest, 500 bonus cash, 675 earnings and got it for 200 above invoice

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have had the new card for about 6-7 yrs - I think. I gave up the 5% for the 1% due to also being elegible for the GM empl. discount. You used to be able to combine the 5% GM card savings with the GM pricing and any rebates offered. They put an end to the "generous Motors" deals a few yrs ago. I'm hoping to use my residual GM card savings in add'n. to the GM pricing - and especially hope that there will still be some rebates offered late this year when I may make my purchase.

Smooth <><

·
Registered
360 Posts
NY_Joe said:
Adam Boca said:
You're fired!!
:leaving with my tail between my legs:.... :'( :'(

;D
Adam

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm almost embarrased to reply here, I ordered a Deep Blue FWD SLT-2, Light Titanium, Nav, HID, Sky Roof, Trailering, XM-Radio with MSRP of $40674, invoice of $37660. Discount of $1750, $1000 Conquest rebate , and $500 cash rebate = $37424 or $236 below invoice.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
002 - That rocks! Mine ended up being a few hundred below invoice as well. It can definitely be done...

·
Registered
597 Posts
Great job, 002. Perhaps I should have you buy my next vehicle for me :)

Smooth <><

1 - 20 of 63 Posts