GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an 07 SLT-1 and the tailgate doesn't have the Acadia badging on it. I have been looking at pics of other 07's and the badging is shown on the lower left portion of the tailgate. Was there an option to have it removed?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the look myself; I am new to the Acadia family and I am receiving a lot of great hints and answers on this forum

·
Registered
423 Posts
i removed them on my truck, kinda want them back on now.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Was the Acadia involved in a rear end accident? I don't want you to start worring, but some body shops (after the repair the damage) forget to put the badging on. I have seen (the hard way) the body shop but the badging back on in the wrong spot.

Hopefully they took the badging off on purpose (debadging) and not a previous accident or crash. Just food for thought.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it was wrecked; it wasn't reported to their insurance (according to Carfax). I am going with the debadge option.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mmal4 said:
Was the Acadia involved in a rear end accident? I don't want you to start worring, but some body shops (after the repair the damage) forget to put the badging on. I have seen (the hard way) the body shop but the badging back on in the wrong spot.

Hopefully they took the badging off on purpose (debadging) and not a previous accident or crash. Just food for thought.
Well you were right; previous to my current rear end collision; the tailgate had been bondo'd so the badging must have been taken off for the repaint and never reinstalled. Now the tailgate is being replaced :D and I am getting the Acadia badge installed as well

·
Super Moderator
22,561 Posts
jsimms said:
Well you were right; previous to my current rear end collision; the tailgate had been bondo'd so the badging must have been taken off for the repaint and never reinstalled. Now the tailgate is being replaced :D and I am getting the Acadia badge installed as well
JS, you could have some fun with the rebadge. What do you want - Bentley, Ferrari, Pinto, Yugo - the possibilities are endless. ;D

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The collision center already ordered the Acadia name; I guess that's what I get; although something else would definitely turn some heads

·
Registered
423 Posts
After a long trip and thru a couple of nasty snow storms my second A in the Acadia badge in the rear fell off. Any recommendations on what to use to put it back.

I am thinking of thorough cleaning of the area and then using some badging glue from Autozone or similar

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chop-Chop said:
After a long trip and thru a couple of nasty snow storms my second A in the Acadia badge in the rear fell off. Any recommendations on what to use to put it back.

I am thinking of thorough cleaning of the area and then using some badging glue from Autozone or similar
That should probably work; I didn't know they sold badging glue

·
Registered
423 Posts
jsimms said:
Chop-Chop said:

That should probably work; I didn't know they sold badging glue
Me neither. I'm guessing they do. :D

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you buy it and use it; let us know how it turns out

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do NOT use a heat gun to remove the GMC badge from the rear liftgate handle. Taking that idea from an earlier posting above, I used my heat gun and the heavy 'chrome' handle began deform/dimple... it is plastic, not chrome.
:'(
Just put a strong blade under the edge of the emblem and slowly pry the plastic emblem off with steady pressure, then use a petroleum-based solvent (Bestine) to remove/roll off the incredibly strong adhesive backing from the handle surface.

Seven months old, and the first exterior damage to my beautiful Kady was self-inflicted. Cripes!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Look everyone another Blue/Gold member; join our Blue/Gold club ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do you mean I already may be a winner as the... 100th new member? Having the Blue/Gold paint job, I feel like I already am! How many other lucky members are there?
: )

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There are more members on the forum than in our club, but Irish and dmurphy are on regularly

·
Registered
423 Posts
jsimms said:
If you buy it and use it; let us know how it turns out
Well I finally, after weeks of procastinating , got to glue my missing A from the Acadia badge. I go an adhesive from Kragen that has an activator and a glue. It was a pain in the neck to get the adhesive in that small area. Some pics

Before:

After:

Not perfect but now it says Acadia. Let's see how long it lasts. :drunk:

·
Super Moderator
22,561 Posts
Chp, couldn't find an edge to line everything up? That's close enough, i guess!! No one will be able to tell if you don't point it out!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts