GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday for the first time I had a chance to really use the Acadia in snow and ice. Due to the drought conditions last year there wasn't much snow so I really didn't have the opportunity for much driving in poor conditions. The trip from my mountain home was about thirty miles of nothing but snow and ice. The pavement was not visable once for at least thirty miles. The road dept. had plowed the roads but due to cars compressing the snow before it could be plowed, the snow had become compacted into ice about about 3" thick everywhere on the roadway. To say the least the conditions were not good. I am used to driving on snow and ice since I have been dealing with it for a long time and I have had numerous vehicles with 4WD, but never AWD. The Acadia is absoultely the most stable surefooted car I have driven to date. The AWD is totally transparent so the driver never feels or hears it engaging or transfering power to the gripping wheels. The transmission also works very well in these conditions using the L setting and being able to select the appropriate gear needed and being able to hold it. Lots of ratios to help maintain vehicle speed without having to use the brakes. Overall a very confident handling car in bad weather conditions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts