GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just brought home a 2021 Acadia Denali and have had two instances where it has had trouble shifting into gear. Feels like a bad transmission slip that gets to the point that I can't even drive it out of my driveway now (car is in drive, engine revs like it is in neutral).

I was able to get it drivable again the first time it happened by switching it in and out of tow/haul mode as that seemed to force it to pick up a low gear. The dealer couldn't reproduce it and just reprogrammed some software per a GM bulletin, but the issue re-occurred a day later. I didn't use the tow/haul 'trick' to force it back into gear so the dealer can experience the issue.

Since this is a new model, I was curious if any other '21 owners had any transmission issues to report. It is possible I just got a lemon that was put together late on a Friday afternoon...

·
Super Moderator
21,312 Posts
Could this simply be driver error in use of the push-button shift? :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
21,312 Posts
You'll probably have to show the error to someone at your service center before they can figure out if there's any problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has been there twice now. The first time the error code was analyzed, and software 'reset' per service bulletin. Not looking for a solution, just curious if anyone else with a '21 has had issues. I'm going to take another one home with me to see if it has the same problem.

Thanks!

·
Registered
604 Posts
We just brought home a 2021 Acadia Denali and have had two instances where it has had trouble shifting into gear. Feels like a bad transmission slip that gets to the point that I can't even drive it out of my driveway now (car is in drive, engine revs like it is in neutral).

I was able to get it drivable again the first time it happened by switching it in and out of tow/haul mode as that seemed to force it to pick up a low gear. The dealer couldn't reproduce it and just reprogrammed some software per a GM bulletin, but the issue re-occurred a day later. I didn't use the tow/haul 'trick' to force it back into gear so the dealer can experience the issue.

Since this is a new model, I was curious if any other '21 owners had any transmission issues to report. It is possible I just got a lemon that was put together late on a Friday afternoon...
I just turned 1000 miles on my 21 Denali and havent noticed any transmission issues at all. The shifting is seamless and Im really happy with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Just had ours towed in yesterday transmission is out..

·
Registered
3 Posts
2021 1400 miles driving down hwy acted like it needed to shift but lost power like a stall. Did it twice then a pop. Called dealership they sent a tow truck to get. Took over a day to get info and they said transmission is gone need new one. Hard to find 2021 transmission though.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
2021 1400 miles driving down hwy acted like it needed to shift but lost power like a stall. Did it twice then a pop. Called dealership they sent a tow truck to get. Took over a day to get info and they said transmission is gone need new one. Hard to find 2021 transmission though.
Assembly line most likely has a truck load of them. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Assembly line yes. But how many are going to have this issue. Bought it with 4 miles have had exactly one month. Wife is pissed. They gave a loaner of exact same vehicle and literally exact same mileage so we will see if it was a blooper or not

·
Super Moderator
21,312 Posts
Assembly line most likely has a truck load of them. :)
And loads of them headed to other GM plants/parts distribution warehouses. ;)

·
Super Moderator
21,312 Posts
... Hard to find 2021 transmission though.
"Born on date" probably doesn't matter. LOL The 9-speed transmission has been around a while.

·
Registered
2021 Acadia Denali AWD - Ultimate Pkg - Ebony Twilight Metallic
6 Posts
My 2021 Acadia Denali likes to slam into D, almost every time. Hopefully that's not a precursor. I only have 1200 miles on the ODO, and I'll definitely be bringing it up at my first service visit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2021 with 6,500 miles on it. It's hard shifting/lurching, especially from lower gears. Taking it to the shop this week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts