GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought our Metallic Brown with Titanium Leather SLT 1 in March and have put about 6,000 miles on so far. It has proven to be even more enjoyable to own than we expected. We have identified a few shortcomings, but nothing that I would characterize as serious issues.

Pros:
-Great handling, power and driveability. I have seen a few postings about acceleration lag and some concerns about power, but our experience has been very favorable. My favorite way to illustrate the power is to compare how the Acadia did vs. my 2002 V8 Explorer from Denver to Vail last weekend. My wife was driving the Acadia with kids and bikes on the back and as soon as we got onto the interstate at the Morrison cut, she took off and was out of sight until we arrived at home in Vail. I gave up trying to catch her about half way to Evergreen. The Acadia easily does 75 up all the hills and doesn't make a lot of noise doing it. I will say that my wife does not get over 20 mpg driving up the pass in that manner, but the Acadia seems to like to go fast! The acceleration is good, but not great. I will say that since it is a fairly big vehicle it takes a little bit to get going, especially on the steepest hills, but it will get there. Only the Audi wagons and Porsche Cayenne Turbos seem to blow by us on the climbs. The vehicle will also stick to the road and corners better than any SUV or wagon I have driven.

-Gas mileage- as I mentioned above, it's good, actually better than our previous vehicle which was a Dodge Caravan. We would like to see 23 mpg, but we will take 20-21.

-Space. Unbeilevable. Without any issue or delay we can fold seats, unfold seats, throw bikes on the rack, tons of stuff behind the kids and not be at all inconvenienced. We are so glad that we did our homework and found this layout.

-Comparative value. We did a test drive of the MDX and found it to be cramped and felt that it had too many gadgets. We felt that the MDX drove well and had good handling, but definitely not better than the Acadia. And since the MDX was $5k-$10k more than the Acadia, the decision was an easy one to make.

-Quality. Very small issues to report. At our second oil change we were told that we needed to bring it back for recall related software downloads. Not urgent. The windshield fluid indicator appears to have not alerted us to an empty tank. It seems like the thermometer is slow to show changes in temperature especially after being parked outside in the heat. Fit and finish are very tight, the vehicle feels really solid and we don't hear rattles or squeeks.

Cons (few)
-Not so great features. One thing that kind of bugs us is the windshield wiper control. I think the front wiper should be on the side button and the back wiper should be controlled by the inside tab, but the Acadia seems to have it backwards. Since I am used to my Explorer, I seem to hit the back windshield wiper control first instead of the front wiper. Also, you do need to be cautious backing up the vehicle, but I think it is smart to be careful doing that in any car.

Overall we couldn't be more pleased! We try to take care of it even though our two daughters can create kind of a mess. We hope to do a long road trip in it sometime and really enjoy the drive.

Thanks to you all for the posts and helpful suggestions!

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
:ditto:

I got my Acadia mid-March and have about 4700 miles on it and although I am not doing any type of mountainous driving, I find that MJT's comments pretty well sum up my feelings also.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
6300 miles on my wife's car. She love's her car and feels solid as a rock in it. Gets 19-20mpg in town. 21-23 hwy depending on conditions. Have no real gadgets on this vehicle to go wrong.

Issue: Said she needs coat hanger hooks inside second row seats to hang her dry cleaning Hooks are in the rear and she can't get at it. After reaching crest of STEEP upgrade, have to force xmission into 6th. Upcoming 3rd xmission software change may take care of it not upshifting to 6th.

Great riding automobile for taking average, three, 2000 mile trips a year. She love's this over the Lexus 350 and cost much less too and stated the body style of the Acadia is sportier. I can't argue with her.

·
Registered
180 Posts
There is a dry cleaning hook on the passenger side of the second row seat, near the top front corner of the window glass. I originally questioned it's palcement, but my shirts hang at an angle and stay crisp. Erik

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Erik, I will look at her car in the morning to investigate. Only time I drive it is to fill it up once a week and don't pay much attention to anything else. Yes, I would question why the hook is on the opposite side as makes for a hassle. I appreciate the heads up and will tell her!

·
Registered
395 Posts
If you are talking about the tiny hooks behind the front seats, they are supposedly for headphones, or someone else said they are for suit jackets. Like you said, they go the wrong way for a hanger but if they work, why not use them.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I can report that at 6400 miles, ours still rules! My bro-n-law went out and sat in it in the garage the other day when he was over, the first time he saw it.

Just sitting in it, and seeing the styling, not even taking a ride yet, he has decided it is what his family needs.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just turned 6000 I still love the car but am very disappointed with the gas mileage. It has slowly gone down and gotten worse I'm now consistently getting 14 MPG not using DIC but pen and paper. Also I'm have a hard time keeping the tires at 35 PSI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts