GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started having problems starting when I put gas in it then it died going down the road. Now it does nothing but click when you turn the key over. Changed fuel pump, valve solenoid and starter.. it still does nothing! I've been told the motor could be locked up but it's throwing codes for low ignition circuit and fuel pump control module... any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
something to try.
I had the click and nothing. no turnover.
It was random. But did start to happen frequently. Usually when remote starting. the lights would flash, click, nothing.
one time I was standing right next to car- to listen... and tried remote start.
lights flash, CLICK. fractions of a second later--- whir whir whir.. vroom.
That game me the clue I needed.
I checked the CRNK relay. connector looked fine.
So I swapped with a similar relay... the one from the rear defroster. Ever since the swap...its has started every time.. Its been many many months and all is OK.

I figured corrosion and or the degradation of the contact points due to the arcing that occurs on making and breaking the contacts

So try swapping to see if that helps. Easy fast check.

·
Super Moderator
21,708 Posts
Does the engine have any oil in it?

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Is the battery fully charged? Did you possibly drain the battery while trying to get it started?

·
Super Moderator
21,708 Posts
It's relatively easy to find out if the engine is locked. Disable the coils and injectors, remove the spark plugs, and try to turn the engine over by hand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Started having problems starting when I put gas in it then it died going down the road. Now it does nothing but click when you turn the key over. Changed fuel pump, valve solenoid and starter.. it still does nothing! I've been told the motor could be locked up but it's throwing codes for low ignition circuit and fuel pump control module... any suggestions?
Take the serpentine belt off and try to start. A locked up AC compressor or another component could prevent engine from turning over

1 - 8 of 8 Posts