GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that GMC has been plagued with poor illumination of their headlights for many years but I really must find a solution. I have purchased new bulbs but that doesn't seem to help. Can I have LED bulbs installed, does it need new housing to accommodate the bulbs?

Does anyone have any ideas or solutions that worked for them? I won't let my young driver drive my car for this very reason.

Thanks much.:wink:

·
Super Moderator
20,124 Posts
Lots of people have switched to LED headlight bulbs. Read about what others have said about it. Some were disappointed in the outcome. You won't have to change headlight housings to install them. Replacement LED bulbs are designed like the ones you remove. Contact our forum vendor, XenonDepot, and see what they have to offer you. You can also find the replacement bulb number and shop online for a better deal if you want to do that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I got my Acadia, experienced the poor illumination as well. I have upgraded the standard halogen for the HID Extreme kit from XenonDepot.
It is an improvement but still not completely satisfied.

For LEDs, make sure you research, ordered a pair online but the bulb is 1-2 mm too thick to fit in the bulb opening, didn't have time to try to make it fit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
so aim I understanding this right, to upgrade your bulbs to LED's you don't have to change the housing or assembly part of the light just the bulb itself?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
so aim I understanding this right, to upgrade your bulbs to LED's you don't have to change the housing or assembly part of the light just the bulb itself?
. my 2 cents and experience with these newer LED 9012 bulbs.

Here are two I would recommend since others have used them also and they are 360 degree adjustable to place the LED elements at the proper 9 o'clock and 3 o' clock positions. Not all 9012 bulbs have this.
9012 LED Bulb JDM . . . . . . . . . Alternate 9012 Alla

Also, if more room is desired for air circulation, a 100mm after market flexible dust cover is a good alternative. I used these - - - Dust Cover
I've used them on my Colorado truck and Acadia. I feel the more room behind the LED bulb gives it more air circulation and a better chance to breathe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
. my 2 cents and experience with these newer LED 9012 bulbs.

Here are two I would recommend since others have used them also and they are 360 degree adjustable to place the LED elements at the proper 9 o'clock and 3 o' clock positions. Not all 9012 bulbs have this.
9012 LED Bulb JDM . . . . . . . . . Alternate 9012 Alla

Also, if more room is desired for air circulation, a 100mm after market flexible dust cover is a good alternative. I used these - - - Dust Cover
I've used them on my Colorado truck and Acadia. I feel the more room behind the LED bulb gives it more air circulation and a better chance to breathe.
Thank you very much for the info. I really appreciate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts