GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered a 2009 pretty well loaded, including 2-way remote start and headrest DVD system. Haven't gotten a build date yet, but I am not in huge rush. My dealer advises me that there are no leasing options (actually, he told me that there was one leasing option at 16% which would come out to about $1,500/month, which I don't consider an option). My dealer hopes that GM will put something in place soon, or it will hurt his business. Can anyone confirm or deny the availability of leases for this vehicle?

Thanks.
Alan

·
Registered
60 Posts
amfriedman said:
I recently ordered a 2009 pretty well loaded, including 2-way remote start and headrest DVD system. Haven't gotten a build date yet, but I am not in huge rush. My dealer advises me that there are no leasing options (actually, he told me that there was one leasing option at 16% which would come out to about $1,500/month, which I don't consider an option). My dealer hopes that GM will put something in place soon, or it will hurt his business. Can anyone confirm or deny the availability of leases for this vehicle?
Thanks.
Alan
Alan,

The information you have received is correct. Leasing SUV, Crossovers and Trucks is over as we know it. I was in the same position as you. I ordered a 2009 Acadia fully loaded in early July only to find out that it has not even been built yet, etc. Frustrated by the recent happenings with GM and GMAC Financing I was forced into leasing a well-equipped 2008 Acadia before the August 19th deadline. Simply put as the dealership stated "the world of leasing as we have known it is OVER". At least for the near future; I would think 2-years or more. Believe me I did not want to hear this news either. But IMHO you have to more on and do not let GM or your local dealership lead you to believe any different. GM is essentially getting out of lease low residual vehicles.

That is my take at least,
Turfster26

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turfster26,

Thanks for the info. Very sad though. I take it from your avatar you are a transplanted New Englander. Sorry about the 18-1 :). It was an exciting game though.

Alan

·
Registered
60 Posts
amfriedman said:
Turfster26,

Thanks for the info. Very sad though. I take it from your avatar you are a transplanted New Englander. Sorry about the 18-1 :). It was an exciting game though.
Alan
Hello Alan,

Yes, I am from Rhode Island and the loss sucked for the simple reason of the 19-0 record. I have seen them win 3-SB, so it was not necessarily the Lombardi Trophy.

To that end, I lease GM vehicles for work related reasons, so to hear the GMAC was getting out of leasing was bad news. I personally own my wife's car. I had to settle for an '08 model which is not bad at all. I wanted the upgraded engine, bluetooth and choose my color, etc. That's why I wanted an '09. But having driven a Tahoe, Envoy and than Yukon; this Acadia BLOWS AWAY those SUV's. It is soooooooo fun to drive and exciting fit & finishes. An awesome car for sure. 39 more months and hopeful GM can fix their finance issues when I re-up my current lease. I was very fortunate that I had a great dealership clue me in on the drop dead date of the 19th and snuck me in before I could no longer lease.

All the best,
Tony

·
Registered
912 Posts
GMAC is still offering leases up here but at 18+% so essentially it is just companies that are doing this as they can write off the payment including the taxes etc so for them it still is feesable. I just ordered our 09 with 2.9% purchase finance over 72 months and it was over 150 bucks less than the monthly lease payment would have been.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tony,

Yeah, I was watching the game with a friend of mine from Quincy (via video conference). Our jaws dropped when Manning escaped from a sure sack and Tyree made that impossible catch against his helmet. Anyway, I also thought about leasing an '08 but decided to suck it up for an '09 regardless of GMs leasing and financing options. Glad to hear you love the vehicle. I always enjoyed driving a Tahoe. Great to hear the Acadia is a much better driving experience. It should make the monthly payment easier to swallow.

DSNY FN,

If you don't mind my asking, where did you get 2.9% on an '09?

Alan

·
Registered
912 Posts
amfriedman said:
Tony,

Yeah, I was watching the game with a friend of mine from Quincy (via video conference). Our jaws dropped when Manning escaped from a sure sack and Tyree made that impossible catch against his helmet. Anyway, I also thought about leasing an '08 but decided to suck it up for an '09 regardless of GMs leasing and financing options. Glad to hear you love the vehicle. I always enjoyed driving a Tahoe. Great to hear the Acadia is a much better driving experience. It should make the monthly payment easier to swallow.

DSNY FN,

If you don't mind my asking, where did you get 2.9% on an '09?

Alan
Alan that is the current rate going up here in gool old Canada EH on the Enclave the Acadia the Outlook and the new Traverse. They are hoping the rate will get better before I take delivery so I can hopefully take advantage of a supposed upcoming 0% offer. I hope this happens I could handle saving an additional 3500 bucks in interest on this truck LOL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts