GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
So I guess one can never get the carbon metallic with the rear view camera...think GM will have it as an accessory?

·
Registered
497 Posts
True, but I'll bet the issue is that Carbon Metallic has been quite popular and they changed the color only slightly if at all, renamed it Carbon Black Metallic, and are charging extra.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Acadia4VA-WV said:
True, but I'll bet the issue is that Carbon Metallic has been quite popular and they changed the color only slightly if at all, renamed it Carbon Black Metallic, and are charging extra.
they learned it is a popular color so they thought lets make some extra dough off the people.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The upcharge may be suspicious...but I am betting it is actually a bit darker and closer to real black. I know many love the 07 carbon metallic, but I personally was disappointed and was very happy when I heard about the theoretically new blacker color. We'll see when we see them side by side in person (I am waiting to order mine until I see it)....but there is a group of us who prefer dark black to the dark gray of the 07 (and of course a group that prefers the dark gray too!)

·
Registered
123 Posts
That's true. I personally prefer the carbon metallic because I'm getting rid of a black on black Jeep GC for this. Still wondering if they'll offer a camera accessory for it though. Hmmm...

·
Registered
48 Posts
My dealer just called me to indicate that GM is still taking 07 orders untill the end of the week on all colors except... wait for it....

Carbon Metallic. I imagine that they are re-tooling for the new black color.

My deal asked if any other color would do as they could still get it in, but alas, I must have black :( 2008 Carbon BLACK Metallic, here I come.

FunkD

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts