GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Acadia about 4 weeks ago. I would like to be able to hook my Power Inverter up to the battery to run my kids PS3 (Power Points don't have enough juice for PS3!) in the car on long trips. Has anyone done this yet to the battery under the seat? I also know an AC outlet is available on the SLT (I have an SLE). Can this outlet be added in some way later?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a follow up. Thanks to this forum I was 1) able to find the battery and 2) with the help of the pictures plan my install. I have attached my 400W power inverter directly to the battery behind the passenger seat. I used 4AWG cables which are pretty thick. I had to cut a small notch into the battery cover so the wires (they are pretty heavy) can come out of the battery compartment. I cut this notch on the side facing the front seat. (Its virtually un-noticable) The wires come out basically under the passenger seat which is where I mounted the inverter. It works great and I now have two 3 prong household type power outlets. The main use is to run a laptop or on long trips my kids PS3 attached to the headrest mounted monitors. The location of the battery makes this much easier than if it were under the hood.

My Acadia is a company vehicle and the SLT-2 which includes the 3 prong outlet was outside of my company car allowance. (I can get away with around $30,000 before tax, tag etc..)

This forum is great and we love our Acadia! I had a 2006 Pacifica Touring AWD before getting the Acadia and their is no comparison!

SLE AWD with Convenience Package and Preferred Package

·
Registered
185 Posts
Off topic, but I'd be interested in hearing about the differences between your previous Pacifica and the Acadia. I was thinking about looking at the Pacifica for a second car.

Also, I got an 800W/ 1600W Max inverter to use for camping. I'm going to try and run a very small Air Conditioner on it. I guess I'll post my results. I do have the built in power but that is 150w max.

·
Registered
41 Posts
pete7919 said:
Off topic, but I'd be interested in hearing about the differences between your previous Pacifica and the Acadia. I was thinking about looking at the Pacifica for a second car.

Also, I got an 800W/ 1600W Max inverter to use for camping. I'm going to try and run a very small Air Conditioner on it. I guess I'll post my results. I do have the built in power but that is 150w max.
I think the one thing the Acadia is missing for you is a small nuclear power plant. ;D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pete7919 said:

The Pacifica is nice car. The pluses for the Pacifica are its nice interior. For the same money as a base Acadia you can get a well loaded Touring Edition Pacifica. That is the only plus for the Pacifica. The thing I disliked the most of my '06 Pacifica was the lack of power (AWD). I did drive an '07 prior to getting the Pacifica and the new 4.0L engine made a big difference so that complaint is mute. The Pacifica rode and handled more like a luxury sedan, I loved the way it drove. It may have a slightly better highway manner than the Acadia.

The Acadia has much more room in first, second and third rows. The driving position of the Acadia is higher and much more appealing to me. Of course the Acadia is much more distinctive looking vehicle. The Pacifica's exterior is blah.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts