GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! So my AC is a hot mess! Literally! Took it locally to see why it isnt blowing cold air and was told that back by the firewall there is a small hole in the aluminium AC line that goes towards the back of the Acadia. It has been rubbed by the power steering line. I read comments from years back with this issue. There is no recall, wondering what others have done to fix it besides pay the $1600 estimate to replace/splice/fix from the dealer. Love the size and interior but the mechanics of this SUV have been a horror story!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
You don't have to have the repair completed by a dealer. Any independent shop that does AC repairs should be able to get your system back up and cooling.

Have to keep in mind that given all the regulations on using refrigerants, most AC repairs are not inexpensive.

·
Super Moderator
21,781 Posts
Have to keep in mind that given all the regulations on using refrigerants, most AC repairs are not inexpensive.
+1 Add to that the labor involved to do the work correctly. Most A/C repairs are not simple 1 to 2 hour jobs.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Consider yourself lucky that the mechanic could see where the leak is. I had to replace the Evaporator core on my 2009 Acadia SLT. Everything from the front seats to the firewall had to be removed. That was a whale of a project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts