GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an AC leak that seems to cause loss of AC pressure in a single day. I noticed a lot of green UV dye emptying out onto the driveway along with the condensate drain water from beneath the firewall area, slightly on the driver's side. I also notice a smell inside the cabin, particularly when the AC is off and just blowing air. Curious, is there a rear evap core drain location that's separate from the front drain, or do they drain together? I just want to make sure it's the front evap core before I rip the dash apart. The only location that I've noticed dye using a UV light is beneath the center/driver's side firewall location. (see photos). Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an AC leak that seems to cause loss of AC pressure in a single day. I noticed a lot of green UV dye emptying out onto the driveway along with the condensate drain water from beneath the firewall area, slightly on the driver's side. I also notice a smell inside the cabin, particularly when the AC is off and just blowing air. Curious, is there a rear evap core drain location that's separate from the front drain, or do they drain together? I just want to make sure it's the front evap core before I rip the dash apart. The only location that I've noticed dye using a UV light is beneath the center/driver's side firewall location. (see photos). Thanks!
View attachment 8711 View attachment 8712 View attachment 8710
Oh, this is an 09 Acadia, BTW.
Unfortunately you have to replace your front evap core. Just did mine, not too bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
cnctorres
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing