GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've asked this once before but never got a reply. Does any one know how the AC system is setup? When you run the rear blowers(AUX) is that running on the same compressor/coils as the front? Does it put more load on the motor to run front and rear rather than just front?

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is a single Compressor and single Condensor to operate both units. Each unit has its own Evaporator core, however, if the A/C is on (front only or both), refrigerant is flowing through both Evaporators, so no real extra load on the engine.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Not entirely sure that is is totally related, but it is about the "recirculate" button not remaining in the same position where it was left the last time you drove the car. I prefer to leave it on "recirculate" in my hondas - I would rather keep sucking down our same interior air than the "fresh" exhaust/cow/smoke/ etc. air from outside and I don't want to reset the button each time I get in!! This will really bug me as my Accords stay where I left them.

Denalitech - can you help? Here is the thead from over at Enclave...

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=571.0;topicseen

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks DenaliTech - Is the 2nd core somewhere towards the rear? I remember sometimes seeing a drip on the concrete back there in my garage. It looks like the same kind of drip I see in the front when the AC is on.

Another curiosity question - how do they get 2 different temps coming out of the vents when the dual front AC system is working?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'll research the recirc feature and get back to you.

Yes, the 2nd Evap is in the rear, so you should see another clear puddle from the rear. If you don't, the drain may be plugged.

As far as the dual temps, the HVAC case is divided in half; driver and passenger. Each side has a "temperature blend" door. Air passes through the evaporator to get cooled, and depending on selected temperature, portions of the air will be passed through the heater core. So if driver selects 60, they get full evaporator air. Passenger selects 70, they will get some air off the heater core as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks DenaliTech! - It sure is great having someone as knowledgable as you on this site.

·
Registered
25 Posts
mikiek said:
Thanks DenaliTech! - It sure is great having someone as knowledgable as you on this site.
My thanks as well. Also I would like everyone's opinion as to how well the a/c works?
Does it cool the vehicle well, only in the front area, the back area?
Does it not cool very well in the hotter parts of our country?

I like a really cold a/c, my G35 has an a/c that will freeze you out which is great in the
hot, humid summer time and as the heat and humidity really bother me, I'm trying to
get some info as to what to expect. The one I test drove seemed to cool nicely but
it was a cloudy, cool day when I did the test so I don't figure that was a real good
test of the system. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2008 Carbon Flash Metallic/brick on order

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was under the impression that there was no rear evaporator since there is no way to select a cooler temp. for the rear than the front like on every other GM vehicle with a rear evaporator. Why do the rear controls not have a temp. dial like on the GMT-900s with the same control panel?

Also, does the rear unit use the driver's or passenger's setting as a temp. base? (+0 = Driver or Passenger temp. setting?)

·
Registered
395 Posts
There is a 2nd evaporator. That's why there are two puddles of water under the car after you park it.

On the SLE, there is a temperature control knob for the rear AC/Heat on the back of the center console. Is it different for the SLT's? I thought it was "automatic tri zone" or something like that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
jseck2 said:
There is a 2nd evaporator. That's why there are two puddles of water under the car after you park it.

On the SLE, there is a temperature control knob for the rear AC/Heat on the back of the center console. Is it different for the SLT's? I thought it was "automatic tri zone" or something like that.
I've never noticed the condensation in the rear, that's one reason I thought there was only one evaporator. On the SLTs, the rear "zone" isn't really an independant zone, you can only raise the tempurature. It displays +0 to +12, not a tempurature setting like on the Yukon, for example.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts