GMC Acadia Forum banner
141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
lemonowner9 said:
tires wear out every 50k miles,
this ones fuynny....

some folks on here would LOVE to get 50,000.
then other folks go to 70-80,000....

Its driver input, roads, tire brand...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Can anyone give me a definitive answer in of the rear a/c will still work when the front evap core is leaking? Mine started misting today.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My 2010 Acadia SLT II did this same thing last summer with 92k on it. Rear air worked but the front blew mist in our faces and then quit blowing at all. Of course we were coming home from vacation when it happened. We took it to the dealer when we got home. First thing the service writer told us was that with the 90K miles and 3 years old, the freon had evaporated out of the system. DUH! I know better than that. The EPA wouldn't look kindly on a R134A system that allows the freon to evaporate into the atmosphere. They recovered and recharged the AC system and added dye to check for leaks when it happens again-but they said the system held a vacuum so it couldn't be leaking very much. They never told me or recorded on the repair order exactly how many ounces of freon they recovered compared to the system specs. Quality dealer! So far, I haven't had any trouble yet this year. Word out is that the evaporator line or fitting is likely the problem. To find the dye at the point of the leak they have to see it with a black light. I don't recall how many labor hours they said it would take. I was told the whole dash has to come out just to see the fittings. I couldn't check to see IF the extended warranty would cover it because they have to find (and prove) where the failure is to submit a claim. It's on my dime from now on!

·
Registered
4 Posts
So... in short, you don't know what it means either. :p

I actually gave it the finger yesterday morning when it was 91 degrees and so humid you could barely breathe. I went to turn it on and it just blinked at my three times. I said to it "Really?" and flipped it off.
Blinking light means that the system needs service or it is too cold outside for it to run. at least that's what the owner's manual says.

141 - 144 of 144 Posts