GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
My wife has a 2011 SLT. The temp does not get cold nor hot (70 degrees at the vents). Upon further inspection the actuator does not move when I try to change the temp. So I replaced it - still does not move. It seems to be stuck in the middle. Did the reset, still nothing. The control unit lights up and appears normal. The fan speed goes up and down fine but not the temperature control for either side or the change to defrost.
20201009_164058.jpg

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
If you have test leads and an electronic multimeter, you may be able to disconnect each actuator and see if it is getting a voltage to drive them.
You can connect up the multimeter and change each climate control air flow position and see if the actuators are getting a voltage.
Have you checked any fuses?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Yep I checked the one under the dash and relay for the compressor
Well. . I guess use or get a multimeter to check if power is actually getting to the actuators?

·
Super Moderator
20,263 Posts
... The control unit lights up and appears normal. The fan speed goes up and down fine but not the temperature control for either side or the change to defrost.
Should we assume the SLT has automatic climate control?

·
Super Moderator
20,263 Posts
More than likely that module has failed if the temprature readout doesn't change on the display when you try to do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts