GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I test drive the Acadia I'm going to the Hummer dealership to test drive the H3. I've been wanting the H3 for almost 2 years now but now the Acadia has caught my attention and I'm actually leaning towards that from everything I've researched.

It's hard to get what you want up here- int/ext colors, options, etc. but we'll see how it goes today! Just thought I'd share. I'm looking more forward to checking out the Acadias than the H3s!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think you'll find that the Acadia has a lot more to offer. The dealer I purchased my Acadia from is a big Hummer dealer and each time I went in they had H3's inside. It seems like it would be fun to drive for a bit, but the novelty may wear off and then you'll have to rely on how it rides and the features. Plus the Acadia is 7 passenger/8p vs 5p for the H3.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, now that was an easy choice. I drove an SLT-2 model and I can't get over how smooth it was. It had every feature imaginable (including some I most likely wouldn't even use), was comfortable, spacious and just looked good.

Afterwards I went to the Hummer dealership to drive the H3. No comparison. It felt heavy, drove like a truck, had smaller windows with decreased visibility and I didn't LIKE driving it. So I decided on the Acadia! Even though I've been wanting the H3 for almost 2 years.

I'm looking at the SLT-1s and am trying to get my dealership to do a dealer trade with one I found online in Connecticut. Should hear back later on today and let me tell you, that phone call cannot come soon enough. I'm really crossing my fingers with this one.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The H3 is a sometimes fun toy--seriously, both in size and performance--of sorts, and the Acadia is a luxurious and supremely refined practical vehicle. So, it sounds like you may still have a thing for the H3, just like people have things for that convertible they've always liked but would probably never own, and the Acadia might very well win you over...we'll be waiting to see :thumb:

·
Registered
524 Posts
caddycruiser said:
The H3 is a sometimes fun toy--seriously, both in size and performance--of sorts, and the Acadia is a luxurious and supremely refined practical vehicle. So, it sounds like you may still have a thing for the H3, just like people have things for that convertible they've always liked but would probably never own, and the Acadia might very well win you over...we'll be waiting to see :thumb:
Sort of like women, the practical ones are far more enjoyable in the long run. I have always felt that there were many similarities between the two. :thumb:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Dan-M said:
caddycruiser said:
Sort of like women, the practical ones are far more enjoyable in the long run. I have always felt that there were many similarities between the two. :thumb:
Yes :thumb:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well my dealer was able to get the trade from Connecticut and I got an SLT-2! Still wondering if I should accept their trade-in values on my cars or try to sell fast on my own. Can't wait to be an Acadia owner! Chose the carbon exterior with titanium interior. I have GM points and can use the Conquest and Cash Back. It was really fortunate that the dealer decided to trade.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Congrats! If you have the time, maybe try selling it, but if it's really coming soon and the numbers as they stand work for you, take the easy way out and just trade your current car in. All depends on what you think is best, but if it were me and the new car was already on its way, I'd just trade it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
caddycruiser said:
just like people have things for that convertible they've always liked but would probably never own
Man, oh man, do I know what you mean. Ever since driving my Dad's '77 98 Regency, and my former father-in-law's '77 Sedan De Ville back in the day, I have longed to someday own a LARGE chunk of US Steel from Michigan. Little did I know that it would turn out to be an Acadia. I was all ready to buy a Lucerne, but that idea changed rapidly once I test drove my Acadia. Guess I'll have to hold off on the Buick til I'm on the other side of 50, like most other people ::)

Charge, Let us know when you get your new ride!! :hyper:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I have a couple of updates.

I talked to the dealership and even though the Connecticut dealer agreed to trade for the one I wanted, they won't actually be getting it for another week. I was disappointed because the CT dealership had it on their site, as well as the GMC site AND they told me on the phone they had it. So because of this my dealership wants me to consider one in New Jersey that is "similar."

They offered me $26,500 on my trade-ins (2 cars) even though I think together they're worth at least 30k. I'm still not sure what to do. I have to take into consideration that if I accept this trade-in number, that will also save me ~$3000 because of New York state taxes.

Decisions, decisions. A part of me, now that I have a week for the CT Acadia to arrive, wants to throw both my cars up on eBay to see what happens.

I'm going to my dealership within the next hour to find out more about the Acadia in NJ and to try to finagle them to give me more for my cars. I'm also wondering, do you guys think there will be some sort of Memorial Day incentive/deal? By the time my Acadia arrives it'll almost be Memorial Day and I haven't signed one paper or put down a down payment yet.

We'll see what happens today. What a process, but worth the wait!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts