GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy an Acadia, about $32,100 (plus TTL), after discount and Conquest. 2007 SLT-1, with dualscape sunroof, 19" wheels, power liftgate and XM.

My only trepidation is that it is a 2007 and not a 2008. But, it seems like a great deal, based on Edmund's. Thoughts? Is it worth saving the extra for a year old car?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unless it has been extended, Conquest cash expired yesterday. Nothing is listed on Edmunds, but maybe your dealer knows something.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
According to autodollars.com, Conquest of $1,000 has been extended to 7/31 on the 2007s and is only $500 on the 2008s. How long do you plan to keep the car? If you keep it a long time, the model year won't matter much to resale value. If you plan to keep it only a couple years, it might make more difference.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it was extended, thankfully! I have had a hard time finding a color I like. I like the gold mist, medium brown and blue/gold. They are all very hard to come by!

I will probably keep it 4 years or so.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My opinion is that you should get an 08 model if you're keeping it 4 years. if you were keeping it 7-10 yrs I'd say it doesn't matter. Of course you have to factor in the extra conquest money and the possibility of zero conquest money on an 08 model that comes in after 7/31... not to mention that "gotta have it now" factor... :blob:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Depends on the price and how long you'll keep it. After about 4 or 5 yrs, condition and mileage will matter much more that the model year in determining it market value.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts