GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 that has the sunroofs. I have owned for almost a year now and my vin number does not fall into the recall about the tubing. My acadia is garage kept and is rarely ever been out in the rain except 10 - 15 times at the most. I wash it often and have never seen any leaks. Just wondering if I should still be extra observant about this issue or not? I would think that washing and spraying water on and around the sunroof would make it leak if it was going to do so. I have noticed that the drain tubes work well because you can actually hear the water coming out of them when I wash the roof.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Personally I would be observant for any water leaks as a precaution; you say you hear the water draining from the tubes is that from outside or inside the vehicle?

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Spray from a hose and a heavy rainfall are two very different things. I had a VW years ago that leaked during a heavy rain but the issue could never be duplicated when they sprayed it with a hose. Take the car out in a heavy rain to really be certain it doesn't leak. Mine is in the VIN sequence but I've never had the problem.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
You say that your VIN # DOES NOT fall in the range, and you haven't had any leaks, then I would do as any normal person does. Just go about your day, but do be aware of any water that may enter your car. ANY car has the possibility of water leaks. Some of the Acadias are obviously more prone to the problem. Just be an observant owner, and check the vehicle periodically to ensure there is no problem.

I had leaks washing the vehicle, and in rain storms. The did the recall and so far no other problems. others have not been so lucky, so it is hit or miss.

·
Super Moderator
21,771 Posts
bonk, stuff happens or not! My '07 was within the VIN range but I never had a leak. Got the campaign done anyway - still not leaking. :thumb:

btw, the roof that opens is a sunroof (front one), the one that stays closed is a moonroof (rear one). The primary difference between the two is you can get a heck of a sunburn on the top of your head and shoulders while driving with the sunroof opened - not really so with the moonroof.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
speleos said:
bonk, stuff happens or not! My '07 was within the VIN range but I never had a leak. Got the campaign done anyway - still not leaking. :thumb:
:-\
I am pretty sure I was just saying that if you vin isn't in the breakdown range don't worry about it as much. But still check for leaks just like anyone should with any vehicle. I am not saying it isn't going to happen, but just keep an eye out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine leaked after a year. Now the moon roof is leaking, in the shop now. Had to have it towed for another Acadia problem.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine has good drainage from the tubes that run right to the front of the roof above windshield on the outside.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Do both drain to the same place? Just curious.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Leaking around cowl

Leaking around cowl into fuse box. Under wipers where two sheet metal pices are tack welded at the factory and sealed at the factory. Repair will be made at the dealership by a 'Water Doctor'. Service Advisor admits work done at the factory cannot be repaired 100% at the dealership but is the best they can do. On well thats why they have law schools.

·
Registered
36 Posts
After 1 year our 08 Outlook leaked during a torrential downpour. Took it to the dealer today and the verdict is a misaligned driver door, and they replaced the gasket. Said the water didn't come from the sunroof, we'll keep an eye on it, only happened once, not during the rainstorm 2 days after the leak.

·
Registered
79 Posts
speleos said:

btw, the roof that opens is a sunroof (front one), the one that stays closed is a moonroof (rear one). The primary difference between the two is you can get a heck of a sunburn on the top of your head and shoulders while driving with the sunroof opened - not really so with the moonroof.
speleos....I think you're splitting hairs a bit with regard to the proper labeling of the "roofs" on the Acadia - technically, if you're driving during daylight hours and the sun is shining...they're both sunroofs -- if it's night time, I would call them both moonroofs - point is, the rear one in many Acadias leaks like a sieve so be glad yours doesn't....

·
Super Moderator
21,771 Posts
Texicb said:
speleos....I think you're splitting hairs a bit with regard to the proper labeling of the "roofs" on the Acadia - technically, if you're driving during daylight hours and the sun is shining...they're both sunroofs -- if it's night time, I would call them both moonroofs - point is, the rear one in many Acadias leaks like a sieve so be glad yours doesn't....
How does 'skylight' sound? or kopfen fenster?

·
Super Moderator
21,771 Posts
Sounds about right! how about uber-fenster? (how the heck can I find an umlaut in here?)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Sounds similar to groß fenster.

You're in luck! One of the guys I used to work with referred to a local reporter as the MRB (Master Race Babe ;D Big Smile!) since she had an Umlat in her name. It requires a code sequence on the keyboard (on the PC, you use the number pad w/ numlock on):
ALT 132= ä
ALT 142= Ä
ALT 148= ö
ALT 153= Ö
ALT 129= ü
ALT 154= Ü
ALT 225= ß

Achtung, baby. Feel free to copy & paste. This should help to keep your papers in order.

Here's a quick reference link.

I've had so much fun with special characters © ® ™ in forums I eventually became one myself. :)

Acadia Forum Uber Alles! ;D ;D

·
Super Moderator
21,771 Posts
Gruß Gott und Danke Schön, Herr Blue (not to be confused with Blue Heron, or Blue Herring!)

That was better than getting 'ditto' corrected!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts