GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new arcadia has been in the shop for the past 4 days, as a big 12 inch rat got in, and manage to get into the dash and was found behind the gas paddle in the dash fried. Does anybody know how he could even get into my arcadia.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
3 things...

1 - No idea. Sorry can't be of help.

2 - Ew. That's disgusting.

3 - What's an ARCADIA?

·
Registered
263 Posts
NY_Joe said:
3 things...

3 - What's an ARCADIA?

LMAO..Joe! Arcadia is actually a City in California...It's between Pasadena and West Covina-ish. Now, Joe, ...Be nice! I'm sure it was a slip of the finger!!........the first time :eek:hno: :sosad:

·
Registered
730 Posts
fried rat?.. what could have been the smell?..ewwww

·
Registered
73 Posts
Several years ago I bought a Mazda MPV. The van I wanted was in an off-site lot, so the salesman drove us over (about 2 miles away) to the lot, dropped us off and gave us the keys to drive it back to the showroom. After about 1/4 mile, I heard a sound coming from the front end. Soon there was a smell and the thrashing became louder. I took it real slow and when I got back to the showroom, the van was stinking and smoking from the engine compartment.

Turns out there was a racoon that had crawled up in the engine compartment and got chopped up pretty good with the fan. They were able to clean up the mess and smell --- even offered to give me the racoon to barbecue. Didn't hurt the van at all. I never had to take it into the dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
lagunasrfr said:
Several years ago I bought a Mazda MPV.
I never had to take it into the dealer.
You still bought it after that?
Were you finding pieces of it for a long time afterwards? I could only imagine the mess. :puke:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dickf5187 said:
I'm curious as to what fried the rat... 12VDC won't do it!
Sure it could. All depends on amperage.

·
Registered
487 Posts
KarolsAcadia said:
NY_Joe said:
3 things...

3 - What's an ARCADIA?

LMAO..Joe! Arcadia is actually a City in California...It's between Pasadena and West Covina-ish. Now, Joe, ...Be nice! I'm sure it was a slip of the finger!!........the first time :eek:hno: :sosad:
Slip of the finger is when it happens once not 3 times in the same post.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Maybe ARCADIA, is short for "Are Acadia"???? :-\

·
Registered
681 Posts
coloradoGM said:
KarolsAcadia said:
NY_Joe said:
3 things...

3 - What's an ARCADIA?

Exactly!

The "C" is located on the top row of letter keys and the "R" is in the bottom row - long way for the finger to slip (3 times).

·
Registered
263 Posts
johnway said:
coloradoGM said:
KarolsAcadia said:
NY_Joe said:
3 things...

3 - What's an ARCADIA?

Exactly!

The "C" is located on the top row of letter keys and the "R" is in the bottom row - long way for the finger to slip (3 times).
Hmmm, your right...I checked it out myself! ::) I guess it's one of those unexplainable events!!.....LOL :confused:

·
Registered
112 Posts
This was discussed in another thread.

It was probably a spell check error.

·
Registered
403 Posts
That rat could have chewed through all kinds of wires...ask them to give you a new vehicle! ::)

·
Registered
681 Posts
dchillrat said:

I wish the frum had spel checkling - I am constantly tpying fastand my posts ar fillered with errs - :angel:

·
Registered
263 Posts
johnway said:
dchillrat said:

I wish the frum had spel checkling - I am constantly tpying fastand my posts ar fillered with errs - :angel:
LMAO...Funny I just closed out explorer and opened up firefox because it spell checks my posts as I go along... I have already been called out once today!! :eek:hno:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
In installed Google toolbar on my IE and it adds spell checking for when I am typing here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts