GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found another nice dealer (they DO exist!) who agreed to do a trade with the jerk dealer (if jerk was willing) and sell me the acadia for $400 over invoice. tags/licensing extra (of course). IF our Ford semi qualified for conquest that would make it
MSRP: $40,915
invoice: $38224
my price: 37624 (including conquest, 38624 without it)

OR

He would let me order an 08 for exact invoice and could hope for any rebates. he does not expect any rebates to be around for quite some time.

we do have a trade in... he would give me $4000 for it instead of the $4500 I want. If I wait and order one the trade in value would probably drop (more miles and 2 months older)...

Ordering new for exactly invoice seems to be like a pretty good deal given the circumstances. any thoughts? should I remember his great offer and wait to order until there are more likely to be some rebates?

Heather

PS... he was laughing through our whole discussion, impressed at how much I knew about the acadia, pricing, dealer inventory in my area, production dates, etc. I give this forum full credit. :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
???

The dealer already stated that he doesn't expect there to be any rebates for quite some time, and he's probably right because the car is in such high demand right now. So what rebates would you be holding out for?

And whose to say that by the time rebates do come, the offer to sell at invoice will still be there? I personally have always assumed that anything the dealer says outside of THE conversation which transpires during the serious "sit down and buy" session is subject to change. I've seen the old bait and switch routine in action before. But whatever......

My point is, until the demand drops, it's a seller's market. Either deal, at $400 over right now, or at invoice later with a slightly more depreciated trade seem okay to me. Six in one hand, a half dozen in the other. Probably as good as it's going to get for a long while.

But hey, that's just my humble opinion ::)

·
Registered
730 Posts
How much is typically the rebate? You may stand to lose a thousand or so (if there's none at the time of purchase, but maybe there will be) and a little bit more off your trade (due additional mileage incurred) BUT you get to buy an '08 with the same invoice.

Considering the "other" dealer would like to trade, you will get conquest (maybe?), current rebates(?), better trade-in value. The question would now be: Is there any feature in the '08 that you would have liked to have on the '07? If none, deal with the current offer...take delivery...have fun with your new toy.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'd take this deal....

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm with kram on this one. I also never believe what the dealer tells me until actual papers are signed. :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, the conquest doesn't apply. so that raises my price back up to 38,624

It's $400 over invoice. I'm thinking now I'd better order the 2008 and take the invoice offer. it would be $400 cheaper AND I'd gain that one year newer model... with hopefully a few more kinks worked out. There are no new features we'd want, just the advantage of time.

If i order it now it will probably take 8-10 weeks for delivery and I'm due to deliver this baby in 9 weeks (from today). could be good timing... i'll let you know if we actually pull the trigger on this.

Heather

·
Registered
31 Posts
Keep in mind that the '08 model is more than the '07 so that $400 may end up less as far as savings go. If I were you, I would just order the '08 and make sure you have it in writing that they will give it to you at invoice.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You also have to be careful about which "Invoice" the dealer shows you. I had one dealer show me an invoice on a $40,000+ Acadia that reflected on about $700 in MSRP over the "invoice" price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts