GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Acadia Denali AWD - Ultimate Pkg - Ebony Twilight Metallic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched for an answer, with no luck.

I have a brand new 2021 Acadia Denali - Ultimate Pkg, fully fully loaded, etc, etc.... Every single morning when my car is cold, and I back out of the garage, my transmission SLAMS into Drive from Reverse. Every. Single. Morning. It doesn't matter if I'm rolling, or completely stopped when shifting from R to D, it's a violent SLAM.

It doesn't do it again all day, whatsoever. Smooth as silk, even if I wait hours in-between trips, but the first shift of the day will ALWAYS result in this slam into D.

I only have 3k miles on the ODO, and haven't even had my first oil change yet. I'm dreading the visit to the dealership for this, but obviously it needs to happen.

Anyone else?

·
Super Moderator
22,619 Posts
... I'm dreading the visit to the dealership for this, but obviously it needs to happen.
Be prepared to leave the vehicle over night with the service center so they can duplicate what you're experiencing. Else, they probably won't be able to find anything, based on the description provided in your post.

Reactions: Erickson6111

·
Registered
2021 AWD Acadia Denali
10 Posts
We have the exact same car, both with 3k, we haven’t experienced anything but normal operations. Sorry man, it’s got to suck, I wish the best when you take it to the dealer

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I've searched for an answer, with no luck.

I have a brand new 2021 Acadia Denali - Ultimate Pkg, fully fully loaded, etc, etc.... Every single morning when my car is cold, and I back out of the garage, my transmission SLAMS into Drive from Reverse. Every. Single. Morning. It doesn't matter if I'm rolling, or completely stopped when shifting from R to D, it's a violent SLAM.

It doesn't do it again all day, whatsoever. Smooth as silk, even if I wait hours in-between trips, but the first shift of the day will ALWAYS result in this slam into D.

I only have 3k miles on the ODO, and haven't even had my first oil change yet. I'm dreading the visit to the dealership for this, but obviously it needs to happen.

Anyone else?
Why are you dreading taking it to the dealer? Issues like yours is why it came with a warranty.

·
Registered
2021 Acadia Denali AWD - Ultimate Pkg - Ebony Twilight Metallic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why are you dreading taking it to the dealer? Issues like yours is why it came with a warranty.
Agreed, I'll gladly take it, knowing its free. I would just prefer not having a tranny replaced at 3k miles on a $56k vehicle.... :(

·
Super Moderator
22,619 Posts
Agreed, I'll gladly take it, knowing its free. I would just prefer not having a tranny replaced at 3k miles on a $56k vehicle.... :(
Warranty is not free. That's a common misconception. It's an insurance policy paid for with a good chunk of the purchase price.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I
Iwould just prefer not having a tranny replaced at 3k miles on a $56k vehicle.... :(
I had a former colleague that made the "wise" decision to purchase a Jeep Cherokee after the redesign in what? 2013? 2014? Can't remember. He went through no less than three transmissions during warranty. These things happen. Hopefully yours gets sorted out.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
being new-- its probably also time to change out the factory oil....
I would have done it at 1000 to 1500.

Reactions: Erickson6111

·
Super Moderator
22,619 Posts
being new-- its probably also time to change out the factory oil....
I would have done it at 1000 to 1500.
This post has NOTHING to do with the transmission problem. :rolleyes: Stick to the topic. If you can't help with the problem, don't comment. :mad:

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
he does indicate hes at 3000 miles and has not had his 1st oil change yet.
While the trans is getting looked at... change that oil.

·
Super Moderator
22,619 Posts
So what??? The GROWN PERSON can do whatever they want to do!! No one has to follow your maintenance regimen.

The thread is about a 9-speed transmission. Something you obviously don't have in any of your vehicles and likely know nothing about as of yet.
Clothing Coat Gesture Tie Sharing

(this is the last time you'll be warned about going off-topic)

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Why? I know some old school folks can't let go of that early first oil change but those days have long since passed.

In keeping with the theme, I do not believe the OP should fret over an early trans replacement.

·
Super Moderator
22,619 Posts
In keeping with the theme, I do not believe the OP should fret over an early trans replacement.
+1 Hope for the best! My thought is possibly a loose torque strut that would only show when the vehicle isn't fully warmed up and the idle speed is a bit higher than normal 'warm' idle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a former colleague that made the "wise" decision to purchase a Jeep Cherokee after the redesign in what? 2013? 2014? Can't remember. He went through no less than three transmissions during warranty. These things happen. Hopefully yours gets sorted out.
Hope your former colleague got a new vehicle based on the "Lemon Law".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts