GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the 8 pass wishing they had picked the 7 pass ? Is it hard to get the kids into the 3rd row with a bench in the middle ? It cost more for the 8 pass almost $700 CDN if its leather!

·
Registered
249 Posts
More for 8 passenger? There's usually a significant CREDIT for opting for the bench. ???

·
Registered
730 Posts
If I remember correctly, 8-passenger seating is -$495.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Based on all the pricing I have seen, the 8 passenger is cheaper than the 7.

We picked the 8 for several reasons.

1) Given our extended family, we need to haul 8 people at times.
2) Normally, as a family, we haul 5 or less. When hauling 5, with the bench, nobody needs to go in the 3rd row, so everyone fits in the front 5 seats and the back is folded down.
3) My wife also liked the bench better as it looks much less like a minivan on the inside.

To move the bench seat forward and let people into the back is pretty easy for an adult. But for kids to access the rear, it is much much easier if they don't need to move any seats and just walk through the middle of the two buckets.

I would suggest test driving both with your family and decide what is best for you.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I would agree with GAR- eight seats was a must have for me too.

- the extra seat sometimes means the difference between taking one car or two.
- the rear seat is split so the right side single slides just like a captain's chair.
- 5 people in two rows allows a lot more cargo room.
- It's $500 cheaper!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got the eight passenger seating in my 08 SLT-1 for several reasons. One, I wanted a flat load floor since I do use this for my business, and the captains chairs left a pretty big gap in between when down. I also haul my labrador retrievers around in it, and didn't want them falling into it. Second, when I actually need the passenger seating (for extended family), I need eight seats, not seven. As mentioned in previous replies, it's a credit, not an extra expense, in the US at least, since the captains chairs are standard. Saved me something close to $500.00.

The seat controls are not difficult to use, but if you don't really need the extra room for eight and can live with seven, don't mind the gap in the load floor when the seats are down, and actually use the third row frequently, I'd go for the captains chairs. It does look nice, it just didn't fit my needs as far as how I planned to use the vehicle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On the GM web site in the option list on a SLT2 its an extra $700 for the 8 pass. Not sure but maybe the cloth vs leather does somthing to the price? I agree with the 7 pass looking like the inside of a mini van !

·
Registered
246 Posts
Arcticair said:
On the GM web site in the option list on a SLT2 its an extra $700 for the 8 pass. Not sure but maybe the cloth vs leather does somthing to the price? I agree with the 7 pass looking like the inside of a mini van !
No, GM Canada shows it as a $675 credit. GM is using accounting notation for it though, using parentheses to show
a credit instead of using a minus sign, so that may be what's confusing you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got 8 pax last Feb and happy so far. Many times we fill it up when people are visiting and it does save using 2 cars.

·
Registered
164 Posts
We've been happy with the 7-passenger setup. We loaded it up with three carseats and four adults. The two Britax seats went into the Captain's chairs and the rear facing went into the third row. At no point did we have to remove a seat to get into the third row. That's one of the benefits of 7 passsenger seating.

·
Registered
180 Posts
We got the eight seat, and it's handy when you have a crew to haul around. We like it and would get it again. :cheers: Erik

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I have the 8 passenger and just love it. But I am done with the car seat thing. If you have 2 kids in car seats, and don't need 8 seats, then it is nice to have the pass through so you can keep the car seats in the 2nd row and a couple extra folks can still get in the back.

But before ordering, put your family into both and get in and out a few times as both are very nice, but neither fits everyone's needs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the eight passenger in my Outlook and it was something I had to have. I've had seven passenger mini-vans for nearly a decade and after having my brother sit on the floor between the seats when trying to go someplace with my entire family last summer, I decided that nothing less than 8 passenger would do. Since I've had my outlook for just shy of two months I've already driven two batches of 7 teenagers on field trips and have been so thankful for that extra seat. The hardest part is teaching people to flip the seat using the plastic lever rather than the fabric loop.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I like my 2nd row bench seat because i always have the 2nd & 3rd row seats now & use it as a carryall. No kids, just my dog roams the cargo area!

Pat

·
Registered
67 Posts
For us, the 7-seater was preferred as the isle allowed us to store skis without getting a Thule. As well, the ease of transversing the back rows without needing to move seats won the wife over.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd let my own personal laziness make my descision. So, it depends on the age of the kids you're dealing with. If they're old enough not to use booster seats, but moving the seat by themselves is kinda difficult, opt for the seven passenger. That way you'll be able to stay in the car as they all pile in. If ALL of them can move the smaller (40%) seat by themselves opt for the 8 passenger.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I have the 8 passenger, and my 7 year old cannot move the seat forward like normal, but does very quickly pull the strap to lay the seat down, then climbs over into the rear. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
We went with the 7 passenger....My brother has a Tahoe with the 2nd row bench and he always complains about putting the seat down and kids walking over it with dirty shoes. I know it would be the same as walking on the carpet but it's much easier to clean the carpet than the back of a seat.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I wanted the 8 pass, my husband wanted the 7 pass....it's my Acadia so I won!!! Even though our kids are in their teens, we still go on family trips where if we only had a 7 seater we would not have the cargo space. This way we can lay down the back seat and all three of the kids still have a seat. Even at 18, 16, and 14 they still fight so I am so looking foward to the DVD player to hush them up!! It hasn't been that bad lately with the Ipods, laptops and cell phones. They all have their own thing. whew! However 8 hours in any car.....
Man you would think at that age the "mom"..."he's touching, looking or bothering me" would stop. Nope, fyi to all you parents of young ones.....It never stops! sorry!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts