GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard GM is going to offer Employee pricing on all vehicles(including Acadia) starting tomorrow.
Anyone hear this??

Dave

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I did not, but what kind of discount do employees get?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
A big one... there is a GMS thread here, and I found I had a GMS price on my order form. Summary, it would be about $1,200 under the no ad fee invoice in my case- sweet if it is true. The current GMS deal runs out 8-19, you have to take delivery by then.

EDIT
This Michigan Chevy dealer is advertising it for anyone:
http://www.billfoxchevrolet.com/AdWizardAd/7329204
GM Pricing to everyone thru August 19th, 2008. Save Thousands Now!

[email protected]

must take delivery by 8-19-08.

EDIT 2- SPECULATION from GM Inside news
GMS for everyone starts August 20th ! (through 8-31)
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f72/gms-everyone-starts-august-20th-68158/

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just heard the same rumor yesterday as well... GMS for everyone starting 8/20/08!

I do not know how long it is going to last but it is good news for all!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Is there any way to find out what GMS is? Or is the dealer the only way to find out? I was just wondering if if was a better price than what I am getting? I got 100 over invoice? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any rumors as to whether the financing will stay at 2.9% for 60 months? Or do you think they will take this away? Or do you think it will get better - ie. 2.9 to 72 mo, etc.

·
Registered
533 Posts
cdolvin said:
Is there any way to find out what GMS is? Or is the dealer the only way to find out? I was just wondering if if was a better price than what I am getting? I got 100 over invoice? Thanks
Cdolvin,

GMS can be printed on their paperwork as a separate item. When you fully price retail vs invoice vs GMS, the GMS pricing is a little below the invoice.

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Registered
217 Posts
cdolvin said:
GM Employee(GMS) pricing would be considerably better than $100 over invoice. If that rumor is true, wait for that pricing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
so...basically removing any rebates on the vehicle in exchange for giving Employee pricing...is there really a $$$ difference or is it just a different marketing tactic?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does this rumored Employee Discount cover 2009 models or is it basically a year end inventory promo?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
In the GMS thread here, the PDF I linked did not list any year restrictions, just delivery by 8-19. So you could have used it for any 2009s that were on the lot and could be delivered by that date. Or for bigger savings, combine it with the $1,250+ in current incentives on the 2008 models.

·
Registered
533 Posts
bradgmc said:
so...basically removing any rebates on the vehicle in exchange for giving Employee pricing...is there really a $$$ difference or is it just a different marketing tactic?
GMS pricing is typically in addition to rebates offered to the general public. If you can find an '08 that gets your eye, you could have favorable pricing AND an add'l. $1,250 in rebates. In years past when rebates were big, my brothers both bought new GM vehicles at GMS pricing AND still got another $3,000-$4,000 off for rebates. More recent GM pricing policy has eliminated the large rebates :'( I've waited years & years for a new car and although I will receive GMS pricing on my '09 when I order it, I'll miss out on the big rebates - but I'll still get a much cooler / better vehicle than if I'd bought 3-5 years ago. So I'm happy that I don't already own a "newer" SUV when the one I really want is just waiting for an order out of Lansing Michigan!

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
OK, just got this from another dealer:
At 11:30 tomorrow (August 18th), General Motors will announce that it will offer GM factory employee pricing to the general public beginning on Wednesday August 20th and ending August 31st. This information was passed on to me in confidence, but I thought you might appreciate hearing about it in advance. In addition to the factory employee pricing, which by the way is on every 2008 model we offer, GM will be offering some huge incentives as well! If that's not enough you could choose the alternative which is 0% APR financing for 72 month instead.

This is an unheard of offering! In fact the last time such an offer was made was over 2 years ago and more people bought GM vehicles during that time than any other time in our history. Why? Buying a new GM vehicle at factory employee pricing represents the largest discounted price available. Simply stated, you can't buy a new GM vehicle for less!

We wanted to give you a bit of a head start and while the factory employee pricing isn't official until Wednesday, will be happy to reserve your new GM vehicle for you beginning Monday!

Pretty much confirms the rumors! My truck won't be built until the week of 8-25! :( Either we can do some fancy footwork with the paperwork on 8-31 or this needs to be extended (usually is).

EDIT
Just woke up when I posted this- forgot a couple of things:
:blob: :banana: :pickme: :woot: and of course:
:dancing:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Here is an example of savings from the Family First website (GMS) :

2008 White/Ebony SLT1 in Orlando, FL w/ HUD, sunroof, 19" wheels, 8 passenger, tow package, conv. package, power liftgate.

TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE $37,860.00
GMS PRICE $34,225.88
CURRENT OFFERS $-1,250.00
NET PRICE $32,975.88

Savings of $4,884.12

If there is a 2008 you like or can live with, now is the time to jump on it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
If I have a authorization number for the GM employee discount do you think this means that I would be eligible to get both the GMS pricing AND the 0% for 72 months??

·
Registered
468 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
OK, just got this from another dealer:
At 11:30 tomorrow (August 18th), General Motors will announce that it will offer GM factory employee pricing to the general public beginning on Wednesday August 20th and ending August 31st. This information was passed on to me in confidence, but I thought you might appreciate hearing about it in advance. In addition to the factory employee pricing, which by the way is on every 2008 model we offer, GM will be offering some huge incentives as well! If that's not enough you could choose the alternative which is 0% APR financing for 72 month instead.

Pretty much confirms the rumors! My truck won't be built until the week of 8-25! :( Either we can do some fancy footwork with the paperwork on 8-31 or this needs to be extended (usually is).
This sounds like it is for 2008's and you would be getting a 2009. Am I missing something?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
1) The GM deals historically are either the great price & you pay/finance OR 0% GM financing. See the above text:
If that's not enough you could choose the alternative which is 0% APR financing for 72 month instead.

2) While it does not enumerate the 2009 models specifically, the offer that expires 8-19 did. What I am gleaning from the dealer's info is the incentives are for 2008 models only, but the GMS is good for everything. We'll have to wait until later today for the official word. I have an email in to my dealer to see if we can work this in on our deal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What are people's thoughts on being able to negotiate a price even below employee pricing once this incentive is announced? My thinking is that this is an incentive backed by GM and dealers should still have the room to come down off this price just like they do with MSRP. That being said, I think that is going to be a tough negotiation position from a buyer's perspective and I think the dealers won't come down further off the employee price because I think what is left of the 2008s will start to fly off the lots with this incentive. I will say this though, it has me seriously considering buying a 2008 again vs. waiting for a 2009.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts