GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Where are you located? What was the price per gallon?

·
Registered
57 Posts
kellibelli said:
That's alot of $! When I got my Acadia last August it was $63! and I thought that was expensive.
That's why I'm holding out for the '09 DI -- hoping to save 15%(rumored) on my fuel costs!!!!!

m

·
Registered
8 Posts
Near Rockford, IL gas went from 3.22 on 3/15 to 3.74 today 4/25. . . Hmmm seems like as the temps go up so does the price. Sounds like price gouging to me, it is maddening. :banghead:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I saw on the news last night the gas lines on the N.J. Turnpike. The stations can only raise the prices once per week. Today the price went up over .30 cents per gallon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Our legislature keeps saying that they are going to investigate why the prices are so high but. . .nothing. In Illinois the state regulated the electricity utility companies for years to stop this very thing. The federal gov. needs to do something similar.

·
Registered
542 Posts
moto155 said:
Our legislature keeps saying that they are going to investigate why the prices are so high but. . .nothing. In Illinois the state regulated the electricity utility companies for years to stop this very thing. The federal gov. needs to do something similar.
Cant drill for our own oil (democrats). Cant build a refinery in this country (democrats). Govt demands so many different formulations for different areas of the country (democrats). Govt wants us out of our cars (at least our local does) so not trying to aleviate prices (democrats). also demand is up from developing countries. Gotcha beat! Paid $75 to fill mine today. Local average for regular is $3.70

·
Registered
8 Posts
I understand what you are saying keith I would not consider myself an ultra-liberal, but when it comes to something like gas which everyone uses (and the oil co's obviously know this) you have to draw the line somewhere. The problem I have is that gas prices have skyrocketed far faster than the rate of inflation causing many people to go to extreme measures just to get by. I have to admit that filling my Acadia is not an enjoyable experience.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thanks to old George and his oil buddies. Between their getting their "last licks" in greed in on the American public in his last few months of office and our goverment's complete loss of control of the value of the Dollar (even the arabs don't want anymore) we'll be at $4.50 a gallon by August :banghead:

·
Registered
956 Posts
The price of oil and gas is partly determined on the commodities market. The price goes up or down based on speculators expectations of what the supply and demand will be. Many have found that this is a good place for investment. A lot of it is tied in to the poor financial markets that exists today. We are all to blame somewhat. This country should have had much better policies in place in regard of energy and it's availability. We react, but don't long range plan near as much as we should.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Canada:
127.9 per liter...if there's 3.78 liters in a US gallon, we are paying 4.84 a gallon. And it is said to reach 5.67 by this summer. Yay. ???

I just drive a little more sanely and slowly, but overall I still get good mileage for the size and utility of the Acadia (18-19MPG combined). I just wish the darn ethanol didn't mess with the numbers. If I'm feeling rich I will try the high test for a couple tanks but right now it's already over 100 a tank. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
542 Posts
big bear craig said:
The price of oil is partly determined on the commodities market. The price goes up or down based on speculators expectations of what the supply and demand will be. Many have found that this is a good place for investment. A lot of it is tied in to the poor financial markets that exists today. We are all to blame somewhat. This country should have had much better policies in place in regard of energy and it's availability. We react, but don't long range plan near as much as we should.
Bravo Craig!

Too much money chasing the next big boom. Same thing with tech stocks in the 90s. Then, housing in the 2000's. Now its commodities. I think things are being distorted and as we have seen in the tech and housing bubbles, I think this too will pop. Maybe oil wont go back to $10 a barrel but this too will ease. Look at gold. Skyrocketed the past few years. Down about 10% in just the past month.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Keith I hope you're right. A lot of people are being hurt by the high prices As people drive less the supply will increase and prices will stabilize and then fall. This country really needs to reduce it's oil consumption.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I live in MD near DC and paid 3.51 on Friday before I took off for NJ. Today I filled up in NJ for 3.39. The funny thing is that here they will not let you pump your own gas so they have the expense of the guys pumping gas too. Odd how prices can be so different from state to state.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
jrc50 said:
Thanks to old George and his oil buddies. Between their getting their "last licks" in greed in on the American public in his last few months of office and our goverment's complete loss of control of the value of the Dollar (even the arabs don't want anymore) we'll be at $4.50 a gallon by August :banghead:
Glad to know I am not the only one.

That goofy bastard is sucking every last dollar he can out for him and his "daddy".

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Keith said:
moto155 said:
Cant drill for our own oil (democrats). Cant build a refinery in this country (democrats). Govt demands so many different formulations for different areas of the country (democrats). Govt wants us out of our cars (at least our local does) so not trying to aleviate prices (democrats). also demand is up from developing countries. Gotcha beat! Paid $75 to fill mine today. Local average for regular is $3.70
Be in on the oil game so you don't care how high the price goes and won;t do a **** thing about it (republicans - good ole "W" and his "daddy")

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I never let my wife's tank go below 1/2, eases the pain! NY, have to agree with you. Better find a job that is 2 blocks away or maybe mass transit where available. Might as well start looking for change in our life styles! Fortunately, I only have 8 more months, maybe 5 if cost of gas goes to $5.00, and retire. Will save $4,000 a year at 3.50 gal to and from work alone in my Pony that gets 28mpg! Figure will cost me $1000 a year to and from golf coarse and target range yearly along with other travels. lol Wife has one more year before she will retire at 65 and live off her pension!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hold on to your wallets, gas will be $4 by Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully it will dip down a wee bit by mid summer.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Funny how we all complain about the prices, yet we do not reduce the consumption. Its called supply and demand, free enterprise. You may not like it now, but that is what gives us so many things to consume. People, stop whinning and do something...or just stop whinning :thumb:. As for gold, I am not sure it is worth as much as they say as they use the American dollar to price it to us and we all know our dollar isn't what it use to be. I love being republican, and contrary to many beliefs, some do value our earth.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts