GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
You mean switch out the 2 captain's chairs for the bench seat? If you get the bench to begin with, you can keep one folded down to have 7. Not sure if both different kinds can fit in the same spot though. Would you really keep the bench seat in storage until needed?

·
Registered
66 Posts
With either configuration, access to the 3rd row seating is very spacious and open. The advantage with the captains chairs is that you could access the 3rd row by also going between the 2nd row seats. I shopped the Pilot before making a decision on the Acadia (which we're still waiting for) and there's no comparison. Access and seating space is much better in the Acadia. If you haven't seen one yet, you're in for a pleasant surprise. Beware! Once you see one you'll have to have one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ezekiel.jr said:
If folded will it create access to the third row seats? How difficult is it to access the third row seats with the bench sets. Right now I have a Honda Pilot and accessing the third row can be a pain.
It's much better in my Outlook than a pilot or the new MDX. The doors are positioned differently over the wheel wells, so the door access is better. We shopped the pilot and was convinced it was the vehicle for us, until we saw how hard it was to get in the 3rd row and how tiny it was in the 2nd and 3rd row. Granted i'm not sitting the 3rd row but it sure makes it alot nicer for passengers on a long trip. Plus all the threads on the hondapilot forum about crappy gas mileage made us think twice.

·
Registered
140 Posts
We have an 8-passenger, and the unique way the middle seats fold up makes it easy to get in the back. My kids can do it on their own - both getting in and out. You can keep one side folded down, but I think that makes it more awkward to get in and out.

We asked our dealer about swapping out the captains chairs for the bench because we were having a hard time finding an 8-pass., and he said it couldn't be done because of the seat belts - you need an extra one for the bench.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
ezekiel.jr said:
Can you get the 7 seater Acadia and convert it to an 8 seater on a per need basis? Or if you get the 7 seater does it stay a 7 seater?
You cannot take out seats and put in the bench and vice versa. If you get a 7 seater, it will stay a 7 seater. We tried that when my dealer got all benches, the tracks are different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts