GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are set on a 2009 model but need to know when it would be available if ordered now. We have spoken to one dealer who was completely clueless. I see people have already placed orders with some dealers. If production is scheduled to start on 7/21, when would you expect to see them arriving at dealerships? Just need to know if this is a Sept. thing or beyond....

·
Registered
43 Posts
I expect mine around mid Sept. But I don't have an exact date yet.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I would think the '09s would start trickling into dealers in early to mid-August, but plan on September before you start seeing more than one or two on a dealer's lot.

·
Registered
347 Posts
It has been my understanding that dealerships are authorized to place special orders for new vehicles and to order their normal compliment of vehicles on a allotment that is only open during specific times or dates.

Does anyone know how that is determined, what the parameters are (Example: Based on geographic area, total sales history during a particular time period, first come/first serve requests, etc.)? Or, is there a standard listing of dealerships irrespective of placement and a random system is used?

·
Registered
25 Posts
About two weeks ago (mid-June), my dealer told me I would have my 2009 "in about 8 weeks." He said that because my 2008 order was cancelled, my car would be made closer to the beginning of production. I hope that is true! It's hard to know though because I originially ordered the 2008 in April (right before the strike), but my dealer didn't hear my order was officially cancelled until mid-June. Maybe he was just telling me I'd get mine soon because I've already been waiting for a few months :)!

·
Registered
15 Posts
we orginally had a 2008 but had way too many problems for a brand new one.So our dealer bought it back..that was in may..than in the beggining of june he contacted us to say that they were be alotted one new 2009 said it would be about 5 weeks.Than as of yesterday they told us it would be finished being made about the middle of august and be at the dealership around the end of september..Only problem is that my wife has now been without a car since the end of may..

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
The Saturn "salesman" we dealt with this week said we could still order a 2008. When I informed him (tactfully called :bs:) they were no longer making 2008 models, he said they had them "in stock/leftover at the factory" so we could find one that way. It took him & the finance manager over 15 minutes on the computer to find out when they could order a 2009 (they couldn't), at which point we called it a day after being there an hour. Again, :bs: since they should already know this info with production this close. If they don't, then GM's dealer communication system sure leaves a lot to be desired.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
My money would be on confused..... :crazy:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I agree. There seems to be confusion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts