GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Acadia has 92000 miles and suddenly is not shifting into 4/5 unless I pull over put it in park and then Drive. This does not happen often, maybe once a week. Dealership indicates that I need a new transmission because of low voltage? Has anyone else had this trouble?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
My Acadia has 92000 miles and suddenly is not shifting into 4/5 unless I pull over put it in park and then Drive. This does not happen often, maybe once a week. Dealership indicates that I need a new transmission because of low voltage? Has anyone else had this trouble?
Difficult to say. There have been several transmission troubles with the earlier 6 speed transmissions. Doesn't sound like the typical wave plate but who knows.
If I were you , I'd ask for more specific info as to what they believe has failed

·
Registered
261 Posts
Actually, it could be the wave plate, since it impacts the 5th cog. Typically, most symptoms first show up in reverse or slipping/hammering/not going (or not leaving) into 3rd or other gears, but maybe it's just starting to fail and hasn't shredded debris through the whole transmission yet!

However, I thought the wave plate failures were mostly fixed by 2010 (someone correct me if I'm wrong)?

I would think that a low voltage issue would trigger a CEL . OP hasn't indicated this though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts