GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The transmission drum failed on our 16 Acadia. We were 3 months over the 5 year powertrain limit. The dealer declined to help out with any of the repair costs. Looking at a $5K rebuild. I haven't seen much or anything about drum failures. Anyone experienced this failure?

Heard GM sometimes will help with after warranty issues. I hope they do. How do you contact them on this forum?

The car drove fine, no slipping issues with the trans anyway until it broke.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,781 Posts
Heard GM sometimes will help with after warranty issues. I hope they do. How do you contact them on this forum?
You'll have to contact GMC Customer Care via email, or phone call. They won't respond to a request for assistance on the forum. You'll find a link to Customer Care with their email address and phone number in the "Vendor Member Section" of the forum, or on the GMC website. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
21,781 Posts
BTW, warranty will seldom help if the time on your contract has expired. They're more likely to offer something if the vehicle is within the time period but over on mileage, especially if you're a regular customer for routine service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts