GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 6-disk cd changer in my '07 Acadia SLT doesn't automatically change to next disk after playing an entire album. It just repeats the same disk over and over. I have been back to the dealer and contacted GMC customer service about what I feel is a problem with the unit. Everyone has told me this is the "normal" operation for the 6-disk cd changer and I must change disks either by manually pressing the "disk" button or selecting "random all." I think that's a bunch of Bulgarian Sausage (my apologies to ethnic Bulgarians). I feel that all I purchased with the vehicle was a fancy in-dash 6-disk cd holder with a great sound system attached to it.

Has anyone out there in forum land experienced a similar problem with the cd changer and received an equally ridiculous solution? Is there an in-vehicle method to change the programming? :-\

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: cd changer doesn't automatically change to next disk

i was somewhat surprised with that too - it just starts playing the current cd from start. another interesting thing - the display (i have SLT 1) does not show the elapsed track time (at least on the mp3's -havent tried regular cd's yet)

·
Super Moderator
21,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Canuck,

The manual says nothing about reprogramming the cd changer or how the system operates with more than one cd in the unit.

Cheers, Eh!

·
Registered
362 Posts

Is there a "Repeat" button? You can usually toggle between repeating a song, disc or all discs. I don't know about the changer in this vehicle, however...

·
Registered
87 Posts

speleos said:
The 6-disk cd changer in my '07 Acadia SLT doesn't automatically change to next disk after playing an entire album. It just repeats the same disk over and over. I have been back to the dealer and contacted GMC customer service about what I feel is a problem with the unit. Everyone has told me this is the "normal" operation for the 6-disk cd changer and I must change disks either by manually pressing the "disk" button or selecting "random all." I think that's a bunch of Bulgarian Sausage (my apologies to ethnic Bulgarians). I feel that all I purchased with the vehicle was a fancy in-dash 6-disk cd holder with a great sound system attached to it.

Has anyone out there in forum land experienced a similar problem with the cd changer and received an equally ridiculous solution? Is there an in-vehicle method to change the programming? :-\
Here is the only place I found in the manual which acknowledges the concept of moving to the next disc. This is the Rear Audio Controller (RAC) section:

PROG (Program): Press this button to go to the next preset radio station or channel set on the main radio. This function is inactive, with some radios, if the front seat passengers are listening to the radio. When a CD or DVD audio is playing, press this button to go to the beginning of the CD or DVD audio. This function is inactive, with some radios, if the front seat passengers are listening to the disc.

When a disc audio is playing in the CD or DVD changer, press this button to select the next disc, if multiple discs are loaded. This function is inactive, with some radios, if the front seat passengers are listening to the disc.

When a DVD video menu is being displayed, press the PROG button to perform the menu function, enter.

·
Super Moderator
21,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone have a factory-installed, in-dash, 6-disk CD changer that automatically advances to the next disk when the previous one is finished playing? Mine does not do that. GMC says it's "normal." I've received so many different answers from other people that I'm thorouhly confused now. They think I'm a dummy but I worked in both Chevy and Cadillac service departments when they started adding toys like this to their factory-options. Am I being flim-flammed or what?

·
Registered
19 Posts
The 6 disk changer will not advance to the next disk. It will only restart to the beginning of the same disk. I do not know why. It seems like they missed something on this one. I've never had a multiple disk changer that would not advance to the next disk without doing it manually. ???

·
Super Moderator
21,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Greenweaver,

I'm on a mission with this one! My CD changer worked fine for about a week, then I ran over a bridge expansion joint (not much of a bump in the road) and it didn't work. I took it back to the dealer without putting the 'A' through the service dept. Everyone seemed "stymied." When I went in for the first service, I made sure this situation was on the R.O. The tech worked on it for a while and said he got the player "repaired." The writer and I went out to try it and it worked - elapsed time showing and disk changing automatically. It only worked once, though. The cd-changer problem will be put on every R.O. until I get some satisfaction from a fix by Delco or the money back that I paid for this deluxe sound system. I'm even contemplating a bit of a penalty payment from GM/Delco for any crossover owner who has this problem due to their false and misleading advertizing. Let me know if you're in if I persue this.

·
Registered
101 Posts
We have the same issue with our 6-disc in-dash changer. From reading another thread on this site, I thought that was normal. I don't agree with that 'feature', but if it works for some people and not others, I'd be interested in the resolution.

Bill

·
Super Moderator
21,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bill,

I think I started that thread, too. Right now, I'm not accepting the dealer or zone rep. answers. I want to hear from Delco as to why they put a turkey in the dash or if I'm knowledgeable enough to know how a multi-disk changer or player works (or should work) and how I can get it repaired or exchanged. It should be like having a multi-disk player at home - you shouldn't have to get out of your chair to manually change to the next album.

Bruce

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Maybe we should tell them that we almost got into an accident trying to advance to the next disc and see if that wakes service up any.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a friend that works at Delphi. He helped me install XM into my Acadia. He told me that the stereo that I have is not a Delco unit, I will have to double check what the manufacturer is, but he said that two companies made them. So maybe the Delco units work, and the others don't (or it could be vice-versa).

I just double checked, the other brand is panasonic (that's the one I have).

Bill

·
Super Moderator
21,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bill,

Where do you look to see which unit is installed? I'm not into taking apart a vehicle that's still under original warranty.

Bruce

·
Registered
101 Posts
Bruce,

In another thread I posted about installing the DIC into my SLE. All you have to do is remove the trim around the stereo. It contains the center three vents, the DIC buttons, and the dual climate control. It pops out real easy (I start from the top, above the vents). There is a sticker on top of the radio (at least on mine) that should tell you the manufacturer. Like I said, mine is a Panasonic.

I don't have specifics from my friend on the differences, but, if needed, I could get more information.

Bill

·
Super Moderator
21,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bill,

I'll give it a try and let you know. I've been surfing around the web for quite a while and the only radio I found that looks like mine is the GM New LAN AM/FM 6-disk changer/player. I'll try that again, too!!

Bruce

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an '08 Acadia SLT and my wife has an '08 Pontiac Torrent GXP. The 6-disc CD changer in both cars is identical. [/color]Neither changer advances to the next disc.
I believe GM is also putting the same 6-disc changer in the new Chevy Malibu.
Reading this thread is the first I've heard that some Acadia radios work and some don't.
I am very interested in if someone finds a solution to this problem. ???

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I believe this option or item was removed from the 2009. No more 6 disc changer.
if you did have one, I think you will have a button on the front that says LOAD.
When you select your audio input source, from XM FM AM, DISC should show 1 2 3 4 5 6, No numbers means I don;t think you have it.

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=3581.msg45078#msg45078

·
Super Moderator
21,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I guess the option WAS the 6-disk CD LNC (Look-n-Change, or Look-n-Crash) :banghead:

·
Registered
62 Posts
They dropped the 6 disc changer for 2009, supposedly because you can use a MP3 player. I was very disappointed in that decision.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts