GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Got a question. On the left side of my sticker I see it says that I have a 6 disc changer as standard equipment....

However, as my wife just noticed, on the right side of my sticker it appears that maybe the 6 disc changer got traded out for a single disc?

Is that what it looks like to you guys? I just want to make sure I got what I paid for.

Here is a picture of my stereo too.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
259 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, I think mine has a button on the left hand side that says "load" and "eject". I have the SLT1 with 6 disc. I'm about to go out, so if someone doesn't answer, I'll make note and come back and let you know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you get a DVD player, you are relegated to a single CD Player which replaces the standard 6-Disc player. I guess there is not enough room in the unit for a 6-
Disc and DVD slot. Kind of a bummer, but the Bose 5.1 is worth the trad-off...IMHO...

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
And really not a huge loss considering you can burn 6 CDs worth of MP3s to a single CD, or 60 to a DVD, not to mention the external audio ports for connecting an 80GB MP3 player which can hold nearly every song recorded in the last 20 years.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Is this specific to SLT1's

I haven't loaded mine yet.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The standard radio is a 6 disc changer, if you opt to get the DVD player or Nav, it defaults to a single disc. This is on all makes and models.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
harman544 said:
If you get a DVD player, you are relegated to a single CD Player which replaces the standard 6-Disc player. I guess there is not enough room in the unit for a 6-
Disc and DVD slot. Kind of a bummer, but the Bose 5.1 is worth the trad-off...IMHO...
Thats for that, it makes sense. I'll keep my external audio jack for my mp3 player!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Boltbacker said:
The standard radio is a 6 disc changer, if you opt to get the DVD player or Nav, it defaults to a single disc. This is on all makes and models.

What kind of connectivity does it require? Do you need a special wire?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dan-M said:
Boltbacker said:

What kind of connectivity does it require? Do you need a special wire?
This is all you need for connecting an mp3 player

http://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-STEREO-M-3/dp/B0002ZPJZO

One end in the headphone jack the other into the Acadia.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Thanks.

So I have not found where my aux input jack is on my system. Is it in the rear console?

My manual is giving me a hard time.

Sorry I hijacked your thread.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
See that little "hole" right below and to the right of the DVD/Aux button? Thats it.. thats the money shot.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have the NAV system so it don't look like that. BUT!!!! I just went out and rocked out to a little Johnny Lang, so all is VERY good.

WOW!

Thanks,Dan

·
Registered
159 Posts
For the nav it is up beside the cd slot, to the right of it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Dan-M said:
I have the NAV system so it don't look like that. BUT!!!! I just went out and rocked out to a little Johnny Lang, so all is VERY good.
According to the Nav manual, the aux jack is to the right of the cd/dvd eject button (top right corner).

·
Registered
524 Posts
I decided I don't care I now have access to 3000 plus songs on my player. Who needs more than that? I suppose I will only use the CD function on the way home from the music store if I ever go into one again. That and I may burn a collection but I can't figure out why I would want to now. I can make play lists on my player. My gut tells me the CD player is a dinosaur waiting for a comet. Kinda like the tape deck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts