GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
55 mph Max??? Has anyone been able to stick to the AWD Break in? The highway speeds around here are 70+. Is there any harm in not keeping to the 55 mph rule? I can understand not breaking hard, jackrabbit starts and high reving shifts during this period but 55 max seems strange.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I did it although it was terribly frustrating. The day after I took delivery I drove 700 miles. Trucks and buses were whishing past me, and I about went crazy. Somewhere around the 400-mile point the roadway included some fairly long downgrades and I let her coast up to 60 or even 65 mph for short periods. Believe me, when I finally reached the 500-mile point and was able to let loose it was a wonderful feeling. As a side-effect the first tank of gas gave me 24.5 mpg and the second one gave me 25.0 mph (hand calculated).

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Also, if you start towing you are supposed to do the same.
Keep under 55 mph for first 500 miles of towing.

That is for AWD and FWD BTW.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks,

I am leaving the breaking up to my wife. She does mostly low speed in town driving taking the kids to and from school. My commute is all 70 mph highway. Does not sound conducive to proper break in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts