GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In KY (and I see in a few other states as well) we have an added $500 Auto Show Bonus Cash. Looking at GM webite, I interpret that the Auto Show Bonus Cash can be used with the 0% financing. One GM dealer confirms this. The one I am looking at buying at says no other rebates, etc can be used with 0% financing. Anyone here have similar issues?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
swb001 said:
In KY (and I see in a few other states as well) we have an added $500 Auto Show Bonus Cash. Looking at GM webite, I interpret that the Auto Show Bonus Cash can be used with the 0% financing. One GM dealer confirms this. The one I am looking at buying at says no other rebates, etc can be used with 0% financing. Anyone here have similar issues?
Well you could talk to the dealer that will let you combine offers and see if he can "acquire" the Acadia from the other dealer

Otherwise; this bonus cash must be local to your part of the country; nothing around here about bonus cash

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just bought my Acadia last Saturday and the auto show cash was used with 0% and the dealer matched it, as well. I also used my credit union discount (gives you supplier price) and that dropped it another $1,800. Don't let them fool you. I had one dealer offer me $200 for the credit union discount... but I did my homework and knew it was much larger. Take the MSNBC article with you showing how GM might not be in business next year... use every viable option to your advantage.

:cheers:

Also, nickel and dime them for everything you can. Get all weather floor mats, cargo tray, cargo mat... they will not lose a deal for $300 worth of goodies. Once I knew I had the 0%, I knew they couldn't jack the financing to recoup their losses of my negotiation. They hate me at that dealership... but I got what I wanted for the price I wanted!

Good luck...

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
If you can get your dealer to sell at invoice, you can even save more as it is lower than supplier price. I would think that any dealer our there would be willing to sell at invoice in these times.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
big10purdue said:
I just bought my Acadia last Saturday and the auto show cash was used with 0% and the dealer matched it, as well. I also used my credit union discount (gives you supplier price) and that dropped it another $1,800. Don't let them fool you. I had one dealer offer me $200 for the credit union discount... but I did my homework and knew it was much larger. Take the MSNBC article with you showing how GM might not be in business next year... use every viable option to your advantage.

:cheers:

Also, nickel and dime them for everything you can. Get all weather floor mats, cargo tray, cargo mat... they will not lose a deal for $300 worth of goodies. Once I knew I had the 0%, I knew they couldn't jack the financing to recoup their losses of my negotiation. They hate me at that dealership... but I got what I wanted for the price I wanted!

Good luck...
One of the reasons GM is in hurting status is because of sales; if they would push vehicles through the dealerships and the dealers push to sell; then maybe it would help. I have always said this is a great time to buy; dealerships better get on board and sell some inventory before GM shuts the doors on them.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I am not 100% sure that dealers selling will help GM. I think GM takes credit for the sale the day they sell to the dealer. The dealer then owns that car until they sell it. I may be wrong about that, but that is what I remember being told. So what GM needs is for their dealers to place more orders, but with the way things are, if I was a dealer, I would be very cautious.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
GAR said:
I am not 100% sure that dealers selling will help GM. I think GM takes credit for the sale the day they sell to the dealer. The dealer then owns that car until they sell it. I may be wrong about that, but that is what I remember being told. So what GM needs is for their dealers to place more orders, but with the way things are, if I was a dealer, I would be very cautious.
That makes sense; although I didn't realize that was the process

1 - 7 of 7 Posts