GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case you are interested, here is a short review of my new Acadia (08, SLT-1 AWD, Titanium Leather, Blue gold. Moon roof, HUD, Trailer pkg) after having driven it for 3 months and 5,000 miles or so.

Overall, the car is fantastic, and I love it and would buy another.  Styling gets 100%  Ride and comfort also 98% or so.  The HUD and heated seats are fantastic options.

However, I have noticed several things that I would consider need changed or at least looked into by the engineers and builders.  Here goes:

1  The mileage stinks.  Probably 13MPG or so.

2.It is hard to judge the front of the car when pulling forward in a parking space or in the garage.  The styling is great, but driver visiblity is NOT.  Rear window visibility is also bad.

3. Gauges are hard to read.  Voltmeter makes NO sense, and temp gauge scale makes it impossible to determine what the actual engine temp is!  Also, there should be an oil pressure gauge.  I don't like idiot lights.  I like to know what's going on all the time.

4.  The heater/defroster controls are small, hard to read and hard to get used to.

5.The side view mirror motors are slow and do not operate smoothly.

6.The center console coffee cup holders should have slots cut out in them to allow for coffee mugs with handles.

7.  There should be a dashboard indicator light showing you if your daytime running lights are on.  The automatic control doesn't go far enough to keep you informed.

8. The remote keyless entry system should offer a keypad on outside of the driver's door.

9. There needs to be more LARGE storage pockets for maps, umbrellas, flashlights, etc.

10.  There should be more and better-placed hangers for hanging clothes.

11.  The optional running boards LOOK great and really dress up the vehicle, but EVERY time you get out, you get the back or your pants dirty rubbing up against them.

If you have any comments or wish to report on YOUR Acadia, please do so. I would love to hear from you!

I hope this has been helpful to you.

LS

1 - 1 of 1 Posts